2016 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, Fri 01 – Sun 03 Jul 2016

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2016 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, Fri 01 – Sun 03 Jul 2016

Racer X wrote:Adjust the Kerbs maybe less agressive next season? Maybe the teams should make a unique stronger suspension just for circuits like this just in case.
Watch Anthony davidson's analysis of the curbs. There were three types of curbs. The FIA read and white steel curbs (or rumble strips if you may), the big Red bumpy curbs and Yellow sausage curbs.
The curb are increasingly tall as you go away from the road, however the Red bumpy curbs are nearly as tall as the yellow sausage curb, but are closer spaced. The Red curbs are the most damaging and as you may guess, they are the ones responsible for the suspension damage.
The damage to the suspension upright is not from only jacking forces - which the F1 suspension is designed very well to take, but from extreme nutation of the axis of the upright as the wheel goes over the Red curbs at high speeds. It is not the curb's fault though, the car only runs over the Red curbs when the car leaves the track. It is actually the driver's that cause their own fate. That explains why Franz Tost was angry after Kvyat after he broke the suspension over the curbs.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dans79

A-Bap wrote:
dans79 wrote:
A-Bap wrote: Sorry, Diesel, but it's not all all clear to me that it's a lie. To say that it is a lie is pure conjecture.
Lauda & Toto says he had a break by wire issue. Nico is adamant he was in complete control.

These two pr lines don't jive with each other, even a child can tell someone is lying!
Until proof that someone is lying, I am going to use common sense. Both can be true.
If Nico was in complete control, then he is basically admitting he hit Lewis on purpose. Being in complete control, means he should have at-least attempted to hit the apex, as he was the car on the inside and was entitled to it, instead he missed it by a couple car widths.
197 104 103 7

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Nico literally t-boned "poor" Hamilton. Period. 10sec penalty is given. It is on the record that he was at fault + stewards are very kind. I think if it wasn't teammates, if it were, lets say Vettel, he would have been disqualified.

Gettingonabit
Gettingonabit

Hey guys where is the ignore button?

henra
henra

A-Bap wrote: There is no regulation that requires a driver to take a reasonable racing line. Defending your position almost requires it.
No, but (unless there was indeed a brake failure) it indicates that he tried to drive Lewis off the race track. Which is not allowed. Especially since Lewis was in front. Squeezing on the exit is also only allowed if the car on the inner line is in front.
Basically Nico was in no legal position to Squeeze Lewis off the track here.
The reason he did't turn is that he couldn't on account of his failed BBW system, which caused him to overshoot his target...he did intend to go deep, but the failure caused him to go too deep.
Ok, that's at least a possibility. Strangely there are conflicting statements and the decision of the stewards.
But I give him the benefit of the doubt since I'm not privy to the data of the car. Still, there is a certain smell to this incident. Not enough to crucify him IMO (unlike others here who would like to see him hang (OK, I guess that's the hardcore Lewis Lovers)) but clearly enough to have some doubts about his defence style against Lewis. And to be outspoken about this.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Just look at it this way, this is Rosberg's Senna driving style..

We can say a lot about it, but in the end of the day, this is why we are looking.
We want to see drivers attack and defend.

skoop
skoop

Gettingonabit wrote:Hey guys where is the ignore button?
click on the users name and then there is the ignore button

(sorry for OT)

dans79

George-Jung wrote:Just look at it this way, this is Rosberg's Senna driving style..
I think Senna would be offend by this statement! :lol:
197 104 103 7

TAG

George-Jung wrote:Just look at it this way, this is Rosberg's Senna driving style..

We can say a lot about it, but in the end of the day, this is why we are looking.
...cleanly
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Jolle
Jolle

TAG wrote:

...cleanly
.... Tough but fair
.... Controlled on the edge

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

A-Bap wrote:
dans79 wrote:
A-Bap wrote: Sorry, Diesel, but it's not all all clear to me that it's a lie. To say that it is a lie is pure conjecture.
Lauda & Toto says he had a break by wire issue. Nico is adamant he was in complete control.

These two pr lines don't jive with each other, even a child can tell someone is lying!
Until proof that someone is lying, I am going to use common sense. Both can be true.
If Nico had a BBW issue that prevented him from being able to stop the car in time and caused the accident the stewards would not have penalised him. The telemetry would have shown any such incident. It did not, the BBW issue was media spin quickly put out by the Mercedes team to try and cool the initial situation. Much in the same way Pirelli put out tweets almost immediately after Vettel's tyre exploded blaming it on debris. They later deleted these tweets because they realised how silly it looked considering they can't have possibly concluded that as Vettel's car wasn't even on a recovery truck!!!

Don't believe everything you read.

Gettingonabit
Gettingonabit

skoop wrote:
Gettingonabit wrote:Hey guys where is the ignore button?
click on the users name and then there is the ignore button

(sorry for OT)
Thanks

Jolle
Jolle

dans79 wrote:
I think senna is the only driver who admitted to drive someone off track for his own advantage. Those were the days :P

dans79

Jolle wrote:
dans79 wrote:
I think senna is the only driver who admitted to drive someone off track for his own advantage. Those were the days :P
Yes, but he did it with so much more style! :mrgreen:
197 104 103 7

sosic2121
sosic2121

NathanOlder wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
What are you smoking? Whenever you put it down, go back and watch Bahrain 2012.
there is one situation from the past and it is his fault. how many situations like this Lewis has? he pushed rosberg of maybe 5 times in last 3 years. what about incidents with massa? and that crash into kimi raikkonen in pit? should be believe that he accidentally crashed into title contender and not into some other guy? lol
triple world champion
what a joke f1 has become
You do realise Rosberg slammed into the back of Hamilton in that very pit lane accident! Nico even took a swipe at Lewis that day!!
lol
Nico is third rate driver :-D