Bruno Senna

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Bruno Senna

rsfocus wrote:i am a big fan...
+1

A few months back when I was back in Mexico (with A LOT of free time on my hands), I saw a documentary over motorsport dynasties on the Discovery Channel(?) that included Bruno Senna. Even though I have been somewhat following his career for much longer. that program featured some rather inside views on his him, his family, and the effect Ayrton's fatal accident had on them all.

After learning more about him, I hope even more that he continues to improve and develop as a race driver while in the GP2 series, so that one day he can possibly be Formula One material. FYI, Ferrari will have a vacant race seat in at least two more seasons, with Raikkonens contract expiring at the end of '09. :mrgreen:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jaho101

I read somewhere that Bruno's good in general, but still needs a little bit to be as fast as say Hamilton. I heard its because of the big gap in his development, as he quit racing immediately after Ayrton's death. However, if he finds himself in F1 anytime soon, even if its in Ferrari, I'll be a fan.

EDIT: I was just thinking, when was the last time Ferrari let a completely new driver into one of their cars? Then again they may be inspired by the Lewis Hamilton example and focus more on driver development (despite the fact that just about anyone in the world would drive for them right now).

Belatti
Belatti

Nah! Ferrari has got money and every driver in the grid would drive for them, so they don´t need to risk with a youngster (sometimes it pays, like Lewis, sometimes it doesnt).

I would like to see a Senna kicking everyone *sses, especially Piquet´s (who doesn´t dislike Nelson? - poor Nelsinho he has nothing to do with his stupid father) but I don´t have too much faith that will happen...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

dumrick
dumrick

Belatti wrote:I would like to see a Senna kicking everyone *sses, especially Piquet´s (who doesn´t dislike Nelson? - poor Nelsinho he has nothing to do with his stupid father)
What's to dislike about Nelson? One of the most colourful characters in 80's F1, a master driver and capable of pulling off it's hat moves like the one on Senna in Hungaroring 1987.

manchild
manchild

dumrick wrote:What's to dislike about Nelson? One of the most colourful characters in 80's F1, a master driver and capable of pulling off it's hat moves like the one on Senna in Hungaroring 1987.
Indeed and it was 1986, first GP held in Hungary.

*FF to 2:00
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeemlgJkjUs[/youtube]

dumrick
dumrick

:oops: I stand corrected, should have checked, furthermore Lotus was already yellow in 1987... one of the greatest moments in F1 history, still.

Belatti
Belatti

dumrick wrote: What's to dislike about Nelson? One of the most colourful characters in 80's F1, a master driver and capable of pulling off it's hat moves like the one on Senna in Hungaroring 1987.
Oh, its just me, I really really don´t like him. He opposed God to join Brabham in 1984 and he was not as clean I would expect with Nigel in Williams years.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Tom Castellani

Racing sons or younger relatives of F1 drivers I can think of off the top of my head:

Tomas Scheckter
Jacques Villeneuve
Bruno Senna
Nicolas Prost
Nelson Piquet Jr
Mattias Lauda
Markus Winkelhock
Nico Rosberg
Leo/Greg Mansell
Paul Stewart
Damon Hill

Ummm... I'll edit if I think of any more

m3_lover

Didn't Tomas Scheckter get caught with a prostitute and lost his chance at jaguar?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom Castellani

Nakajima is another one...

Funny, Formula1.com have a feature on new F1 drivers following in their fathers footsteps: http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2008/2/7348.html

I don't know about Tomas and the prostitute but Jody has six kids, so he clearly has plenty of squirt...
The road to success is 20,832 meters long...