Super Aguri

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Super Aguri

Well it looks like Ide is almost gone saw this

"31-year-old Ide, meanwhile, will almost certainly be given one more chance to shine at the Nurburgring, but countryman and GP2 driver Hiroki Yoshimoto is being lined up as a ring-in."

Then I saw this about the team getting a third driver, at least they have somebody who has tested extensively and at least help them set up the car better.

Montagny joins Super Aguri for Euro GP
Wednesday April 26 2006

Super Aguri have signed former Renault tester Franck Montagny to be their third driver for the European Grand Prix next month.

The Frenchman acted as reserve driver for the first two races this season but will finally get behind the wheel on the Friday of the Nurburgring race.

That will be the first time Super Aguri have taken up the option of running a third car in practice and team boss Aguri Suzuki hopes Montagny's experience will help his Honda-backed team.

He said: "It is good to have Franck with us again at the European Grand Prix.

"His feedback on the car's performance will be extremely useful to our engineers as he has a high level of Formula One technical knowledge."

The news is bound to increase speculation that the hapless Yuji Ide's time is almost up.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

vyselegend

I think Aguri san don't want to sack Ide officially, but have allready make his decision. I myself think Ide is dangerous and not ready to drive in races, but I'd like to point out he's not the one to blame. The team perfectly knows he's not on the level and strongly needs to spend hours in the car for experience, but car's milleage accumulation have been privileged. How do they want him to improve if he never do trainning?! :roll:
BTW, I'd like to know how did he obtained his license? When I see a driver wich need to be radioed "put revers gear!" to do so after he spun, I can't believe he succesfully passed the pinnacle of license tests! who is in charge to deliver the formula one's license? Is it possible he obtained it for "political" reasons?

About Montagny, finnaly he's got a busy year! I read here on the site he was hired by Fisicho for help in GP2, and it has been announced he'll drive along S. Loeb for Pescarollo at Le Mans 24hours race!

m3_lover

Loeb amd Montangy=French Connection ahha
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

"31-year-old Ide, meanwhile, will almost certainly be given one more chance to shine at the Nurburgring, but countryman and GP2 driver Hiroki Yoshimoto is being lined up as a ring-in."
I thought Yoshimoto was a battle ship?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mech_coen

I think Ide is a rocket/ kamikaze pilot attacking tulps and dutchies (like me and albers :D )
don't think about something you really want, think how to get there

f1.redbaron

Tom wrote:
I thought Yoshimoto was a battle ship?
That's Yamamoto

West
West

There's nothing super about Super Aguri. What a misnomer.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

JimmyK
JimmyK

That's Yamamoto
That's Yamato \:D/

joseff

The Battleship Yamato served as the flagship of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.

Its main feature was the nine 18" guns, the largest ever fitted to a battleship. Yamato's main guns could fire projectiles weighing 1 ton over 40km away. That's firing blind over the horizon! They were so powerful that during test firing the hull actually cracked. Special reinforcements were ordered and installed before the ship went into *very short* service.

jaslfc
jaslfc

all i hope that when their new chassis comes.. they are at least as competitive as midlands ..

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

There is a rule that forbids SA from using the BAR/Honda chassis. But I expect the new SA chassis to be designed and constructed with the same technology as the BAR. Expect a huge improvement in the technical aspect of the new SA car.
Please remember that basically (maybe not technically or on paper, but in practice), SA is Honda's second team.

jaslfc
jaslfc

isnt torro rosso using last years rbr chasis?

dumrick
dumrick

Didn't they used the moulds from 2005's Red Bull, but actually manufactured new chassis?

EDIT: Toro Rosso, I mean.
Last edited by dumrick on 27 Apr 2006, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

Tom

Sorry to go very off topic but I didn't want to start a new one and seeing as this is SA related...

Does anyone have pics/vids from just before the Midlands roll at Villenurve?

I particularely want unusual angles not seen on TV. To settle a bet.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

JimmyK
JimmyK

s'quite strange that.

A certain well-known F1 magazine was absolutely insistant that they were gonna use modified Minardi PS05 chassis. Yet I did always think they'd probably go for the RB1.
The Battleship Yamato served as the flagship of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.
Ah ha. Shame battleships were only really for show, after about the time of the Bismark, they were almost always kept out of where the action was.
They were really giant morale-boosters.
Read Jeremy Clarkson's 'I know you got soul' for more info ;)