2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Re: 2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

turbof1 wrote:I hope I am atleast spared of any aftermath.
My thoughts are with you. I'm glad I don't have your job. I've been dialing back my internet usage and plan to take a break after the weekend. Especially if things turn intense. I suppose you are spared no such luxury. :|

Pierce89

FrukostScones wrote:
De Jokke wrote:Let's be happy for Rosberg and his fans. They finally have a world championship.
But we all know why that is, we know it, they know it, Rosberg knows it: "unreliability" or the day that Merc took the Rosberg card: "after 2016 we would like to have two champs in our team". As simple as that.
Seriously disappointed in Mercedes...
Word!
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... tsxfmy.jpg
Oh!!! and FrukostScones with the knockout.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

flynfrog

ChrisDanger wrote:
My thoughts are with you. I'm glad I don't have your job. I've been dialing back my internet usage and plan to take a break after the weekend. Especially if things turn intense. I suppose you are spared no such luxury. :|
Turbo has been warming up the Ban button in preparation.

dramatization not the real turbo pictured

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

flynfrog wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Turbo has been warming up the Ban button in preparation.
https://media.giphy.com/media/PDVUfeba4lWBa/giphy.gif

dramatization not the real turbo pictured
:lol:

He's going to need it. Things will get heated around here I'm sure. There are already warning signs.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'll send a 1000 kudos in advance to the mods here. I'm just glad that by the time i've seen the actual race, it has passed a couple of hours and die-hard fanatism will have blown past and the locks and chains will be set out already.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jordan44

basti313 wrote:
J0rd4n wrote: Crucify them all. Now I'll disappear back into my cave.
True. Ban the non-hardcore-Ham-fans. They just suck and disturb and guys like you can come back and feel free. We are missing you. Hope you come out again when hopefully Rosberg's engine fails.
He's not a non-harcore Ham fan. He's a troll who hates him. There's quite an obvious difference.

The petty comment about the engine failing shows you are also one of them troll thingys. Always stereotyping fanbases rather than appreciating that fan views are independent.

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote: i guess reading is hard for you
First of all, to imply tha the other guy is stupid or has problems to read is not a good way to discuss. Right?

Secondly , we both made a great and stupid mistake here and I personally feel ashamed because of this. My initial comment(the one you answered and started this discussion) was not refering to anything you said. It was a reference to what two guys said several pages before.

For some reason you quoted my comment and answered me thinking (incorrectly) that I was criticizing you. My mistake come ere, I confussed you with other guy who said that he was hoping for a DNF, based on your reply to my comment. And this is the reason I accused you(incorrectly) of saying this. I have nothing against your comment mate, when you have quoted your own comment I have realized that we ere discussing base on incorrect intepretations, holy sh*t! #-o

Phil

ChrisDanger wrote:
My bet is it's gonna be quiet. I think most Hamilton fans - me included - have already resigned to Rosberg being WDC this year. Beyond that, everything has already been discussed and pointed out. Abu Dhabi won't change that, even if Rosberg somehow manages to stuff it up somewhere and overcomes some obstacle to win it in the end.

Actually, I think the only thing I'm willing to bet my hand on is that memories run extremely short in motorsport. If Rosberg wins Abu Dhabi in style, no one will care or think about the prior technical issues Hamilton suffered earlier in the year that enabled him to be in this comfortable situation. They will see Rosberg as a just and deserved WDC regardless because memories only go back to the last race.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

TAG

But, but, but if Hamilton wins and Rosberg finishes off the podium, we won't hear any criticisms about a lucky and undeserved WDC for years and years to come, just like we don't hear anyone go on about Brazil 2008 today?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

basti313
basti313

TAG wrote:But, but, but if Hamilton wins and Rosberg finishes off the podium, we won't hear any criticisms about a lucky and undeserved WDC for years and years to come, just like we don't hear anyone go on about Brazil 2008 today?
Of course not. They had to fight so hard to be on P1 and P2, showed such a perfect season...nothing to discuss. :mrgreen:
Don`t russel the hamster!

Vasconia

basti313 wrote:
TAG wrote:But, but, but if Hamilton wins and Rosberg finishes off the podium, we won't hear any criticisms about a lucky and undeserved WDC for years and years to come, just like we don't hear anyone go on about Brazil 2008 today?
Of course not. They had to fight so hard to be on P1 and P2, showed such a perfect season...nothing to discuss. :mrgreen:
Nothing will save us from countless pages of nonsense. Well yes, Turbo and his might Thor-esque power botton. :D

Vasconia

My bet for this weekend:

1.Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Verstappen
4. Ricciardo
5. Vettel

Race:

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Rosberg
4. Raikkonen

Vettel and Ricciardo will collide, just to give us some fun and room to discuss about something more than who deserved the WC.

Nico says he wil try to win. I dont believe it, he will race on auto mode, like he has done in the last races.

Dazed1
Dazed1

Can't we all just get along? Growing up sucks.
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/48 ... osberg.png

PlatinumZealot

Did anyone see the video with Nico swimming in large pool of golden urine? As if that will protect him on Sunday...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mikeerfol

PlatinumZealot wrote:Did anyone see the video with Nico swimming in large pool of golden urine? As if that will protect him on Sunday...
Wait.. what? Got a link?