Ferrari testing with 2005 front wing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Ferrari testing with 2005 front wing

I saw this picture of Marc Gene doing test runs in april. Why would they use the old 2005 front wing and not the new 2006 front wing for testing?Wouldn't this give the wrong data comparibility to there 2006 race car (To see if they are improving there times?)

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild
manchild

I think they were using wing with that narrow lower part in the begining of the season and than updated aero later.

Jason

I can see that the nose cone is very similar to the F2005 car, the deep spoon profile on this year is a revisions of that front wing. The center being stretched depper, losing the "box wing" of last year aslo adding a piece of winglet on top of the main plate.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It depends on what they are testing. If it's aero improvements, then this front wing seems innapropriate. But if all they are doing is comparing tires, then it makes sense to use an older mule.
And recently, tire testing has been top priority for Ferrari.

Deano
Deano

they could also just be trying to find a quicker more efficient wing that wouldnt cause an uproar by the wingeing RENAULTS because they could lose
Schuey is the best. 7X World Champion, soon to be 8

Tp
Tp

Could be that this produces more downforce (but with more drag) than the one they used for the previous races this season. This would be advantageous to them in Monoco.