Newey RB2

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Newey RB2

I wonder what it is going to look like

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jgredline

Good question.
I think next years Red bull racer will look alot like the Mclaren.
Adrians deprature from Mclaren is in all likley hood why the car is slow according to many web sites
To finish first, first you must finish.

m3_lover

RB should get Gordon Murrary now that would be a technical dream team there.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

mini696

jgredline wrote:Good question.
Adrians deprature from Mclaren is in all likley hood why the car is slow according to many web sites
I think that is only an excuse, Newey wasnt involed 100% in the last few months (possibly as much as 2 years) of his term at McLaren. His departure -in all reality- didnt affect McLaren any where near as much as outsiders like to believe.

Actually if you think about it Newey has been at RBR for 6 months or so and if you want to find out how much -if any- McLaren is struggeling due to the loss of Newey, then compare Maccas downfall to RBR's rise up the grid and then there may be some data to play with.

NickT

I think the RB3 will be a hybred of McLaren and RB, I read another article where our man Newey was saying how impressed he was with some of the design solutions RB have in certain areas.

Newey's gift is to see the bigger picture he will integrate the best of both while adding his own magic. I think with DC on the books to he has known reliabe driver feedback and he can taylor the car to DC's strengths, making the team very strong :D
NickT

zac510
zac510

Are you guys sure that the Rb3 will be designed by Newey as the head designer? Why would the existing designer (what's his name, Smith?) step down?

m3_lover

mini696 wrote:
jgredline wrote:Good question.
I think that is only an excuse, Newey wasnt involed 100% in the last few months (possibly as much as 2 years) of his term at McLaren. His departure -in all reality- didnt affect McLaren any where near as much as outsiders like to believe.

Actually if you think about it Newey has been at RBR for 6 months or so and if you want to find out how much -if any- McLaren is struggeling due to the loss of Newey, then compare Maccas downfall to RBR's rise up the grid and then there may be some data to play with.
Well Mclaren always lobbied hard to have Newey on there team, but I think the downturn has to be the combined effect of Tombazis, Peter Pomdeau and Newey leaving the team, because the rdevelopment of the car has not kept pace with other teams as this is key to trying to win the WDC.

I think Smith still works there, but I think Newey helps him out more now maybe??

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Newey has a proven recoed of designing winners. Red Bull have the right man, and it will start to show, especially once they get a car totally designed by him.

Tom

Do you think they will ever enjoy success or will they be like Saulber, Minardi and Arrows and always be midfeild-back? Or possibly like Jaguar and give up if things don't go their way? Not entirely fair I know although I can see Honda withdrawing SA support.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Apex
Apex

It's hard to say how much difference one man can / does make because it depends on a number of internal polotics.

Is you are under strict instructions then you may not be able to realise your concepts. As the great A Einstein said "Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labour in freedom"

This may be the reason for AN leaving McLaren for a place that is keen to put it all on the line (well almost) RBR has much less to lose than McLaren, and will therefore be willing to take more risks.
Dont dream it, do it.

jgredline

Well, is it not great to be a bench racer? This is one reason I love this forum so much. Ok, first off there are only a few people who really know whats going on behind the scenes. Most off us only know what we read and most importantly what we see. What I see and what I read is that with out Newey Mclaren have no one to turn to for quick advice and fixes and it shows. Adrian Newey has a record as Dave pointed out of winning. Adrians MP4-18 that never raced was fast. Really last years car was the MP4-18 and we all know that car was fast inspite of the fact it had a sled (mercedez) in the back that race car was more of a grenade. They are the reason why Mclaren did not win either championship. Its no wonder why race car drivers are coveting that RB seat. What I see is a very quick adrian newey race car (mclaren) with a powerful / reliable ferrari in the back of it. Think about it. If Last years Mclaren had a ferrari in the back they would be world champion.
My two cents worth as a fellow bench racer.
To finish first, first you must finish.