Look what showed up at my school today

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

West
West

Lucky... at UCI we don't get sh*t in terms of motorsports\

Were any RBR engineers there?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

R1ceboy32
R1ceboy32

Have you checked your engineering department? Your school does have a registered FSAE team. If i wasn't an enigineer at my school i wouldn't have known about our FSAE team. The FSAE car's are wickedly fast and wickely awesome. If i wasn't on the aerodesign compeition i would so join them. And unforunately there were no RBR engineers present. Only two airheaded female redbull representives that knew little if anything about the car.

m3_lover

I would have tried to rip something off that car and ran for it, keep something from F1 and maybe make some news :)
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

West
West

I did Mini Baja last year and we made top 50%, our team's goal.
I was in charge of all documentations and presentations, and did some mechanical work in the meantime. We were the school's best ever Mini Baja team. We didn't do FSAE because the slots were filled by the time class started (senior project class). If you saw the 2004 car and team they were pathetic; they had to do their testing at the race site itself and their sales presentation was lacking.

Our school had two Mini Baja teams as a result of the registration problem. Our team was full of the guys who sat in the back of the class and slept while the other team was full of the studious ones. As such our advisor thought we were never going to finish our car, while he constantly praised them. Their car was terrible and because they got stuck at one part of the course, they cut it off the rest of the day.

BTW Red Bull showed up also at our Mini Baja race, albeit in a low key fashion. There were two girls handing out drinks and they were cute. The drink really helped as we pretty much pulled all-nighters at the hotel doing repairs, then heading out at 7:00 AM (40 minute drive) to the race site.

This year's FSAE team looks really good, although the uprights look way too large and heavy.

Ciro Pabón

Thanks, Ricer. Excellent.

West side story proves that sometimes theory is good to have ideas, not to make cars. Go West!
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 27 May 2006, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Tom

m3_lover wrote:
I would have tried to rip something off that car and ran for it, keep something from F1 and maybe make some news
I've often picked bits off marshal posts and off rally stages but eventually you will annoy mum/neighbours/scrap merchants with the pile of crap outside your house.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

engin007
engin007

I went along the Red Bull Track Attack last month and they had the RB2, GP2 car and a motorbike which I dont remember was from. There was an engineer there but he was busy chating with the girls who were around. I also met Liuzzi, Klien and Dornbos. They were there for a celebrity race.

West
West

I should mention that our team also got drunk and high while working on the car. And that our garage was barely big enough to fit two cars, let alone work on them.

Our race ended when my right front suspension arm collapsed under compression. I was driving down maybe a 20-30 foot hill at full throttle and right after that, there is a 5 foot hill that is 10 feet from the base of the big hill. It broke off and I just guided the car to the side.

The race was a 100 mile endurance race. It took around two hours to finish, and we were probably at the one hour mark. People from all over the world came (South Korea, Canada, Mexico). It was funny - out of a 1000 total points, some teams came out only with 1.

Scuderia_Russ

West wrote:I should mention that our team also got drunk and high while working on the car.
:lol: I like your style!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-