Bruno Senna crashes HARD

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Steven
Owner

Bruno Senna crashes HARD

Damn look at this:

The Raikkonen Robertson Racing driver was battling with Salvador Duran when the pair touched wheels, with Senna being flipped into the air before he hit the underside of the vehicle access bridge backwards – the Brazilian then crashing back down to earth in a shunt that destroyed his Dallara-Mercedes.

"I was tenth but I was fine with that because I knew I was much quicker than the cars ahead," Senna explained. "I went to overtake Duran and tried to get his tow, but when I moved to the right to overtake he just swerved in front of me. And when you're doing 150mph it's not very easy to avoid anything.

"He didn't protect himself enough to start with, and he tried to defend very late. I touched wheels and flew off and had a massive shunt. I hit the bottom of the bridge with the rear of the car, upside down, and then I landed. When I saw the sky I just closed my eyes and waited for it to end. My next thing to do is to call Mr Dallara and thank him for building such strong cars.

As a result, the monocoque even broke when hitting the bridge. This brings up bad memories. But luckily cars are a whole lot stronger now.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Ever heard the expression "airplane crash" :twisted:

Look how far away that bridge is (even allow for the camera lens) and he was flying before got there.

flynfrog

the car realy help pretty well concidering

peroa
peroa

Viviane won`t be happy... :( :shock:

If you know what I mean.
Easy on the Appletini!

johny

safety in this car has evolved so much and it's so unlikely to have nasty accidents (except in oval racing) but everyone who takes place in a race knows that it's dangerous

Scuderia_Russ

That's the championship out of the window!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

K.D.

Well it sure as hell was a nasty crash but thankfully Senna was unhurt.
His Champion chances are somewhat reduced, but I realy don´t think we should count him out as yet.
Motorsport is great but F1 is the best

Tom

Ouch. If anyone is unfamiliar with Snetteton thats the end of a huge runway straight so 150 is easily acheived there. Damn, he flew a long way, that bridge is the braking point 50m before the corner and hes a good 150-200m behind that.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

sennafan
sennafan

Incredible how modern cars dissipate energy and drivers are o.k.
Cars can be replaced.

Scuderia_Russ

K.D. wrote:His Champion chances are somewhat reduced, but I realy don´t think we should count him out as yet.
He can only finish second now, at best.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Jason

People don't pay their money to see big crashes, thankfully B.Senna is okay. :-s
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Ted68

Video of the accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen ... itle=Bruno senna @ Snetterton