antiphons

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
mertol

antiphons

I am going to a monster truck show with my kids. It will be inside a roofed stadium so I think we should definitely wear ear protection. I know nothing about antiphons. Can you recommend ones for adults as well as ones for my 6 and 9 year olds?

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: antiphons (Ear Defenders)

Hey mertol - I think that you are talking what I would call - "Ear Defenders*" - something to prevent the stupendous noise of these monster trucks impacting your child?

I have used some for my son when we went to see MotoGP - they are loud! SImple, over the head and hard outer covers.

Now, he is a little older, we can use earplugs - soft foam disposable plugs. The same that you might use in a loud work environment.

*forgive me, I edited the title to be clear - if I am wrong, let me know and we can amend it again
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

TNTHead

Re: antiphons (Ear Defenders)

CMSMJ1 wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 13:11
Hey mertol - I think that you are talking what I would call - "Ear Defenders*" - something to prevent the stupendous noise of these monster trucks impacting your child?

I have used some for my son when we went to see MotoGP - they are loud! SImple, over the head and hard outer covers.

Now, he is a little older, we can use earplugs - soft foam disposable plugs. The same that you might use in a loud work environment.

*forgive me, I edited the title to be clear - if I am wrong, let me know and we can amend it again
Just look for ear protection with an SNR rating of 30 dB or more (SNR = Single Number Rating) and you should be fine.