Porsche RS Spyder

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
theSuit
theSuit

Porsche RS Spyder

Random question, I was watching ALMS today, and realized that i never got round to finding out if there was a reason the Porsches didn't race at Le Mans this year?

zac510
zac510

I don't think they were actually invited, but regardless Porsche weren't keen on taking a car that had really only done one or two races straight to LeMans.

Even in 2007 Porsche will be there only supporting privateers. No factory effort until at least 2008.

Conservative approach indeed, but there is not any other manufacturer competition in P2 at the moment.

allan
allan

who won the lemans race anyway????

theSuit
theSuit

allan wrote:who won the lemans race anyway????
Who do you think - Le Mans (at least LMP1 and GT1) makes F1 results look unpredictable.

Still, I shouldn't knock it, not with F1 going down the pan from an engineer's standpoint...

Tom

Audi sport won it with the Pescarollo third, dissapointingly, then Audi and Pesi again I think.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

First and second at LeMans was captured by the all new Audi V-12 diesel.
http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1/experi ... sport.html

yin
yin

i wondering can the new RS Spyder beat R10??????if not,then why porsche built the LMP2 :o

yin
yin

DaveKillens wrote:First and second at LeMans was captured by the all new Audi V-12 diesel.
http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1/experi ... sport.html
no,audi finish first and third,the pescarolo finish second :)

West
West

The Porsche won an overall race this year in the ALMS. Forgot which one.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

yin
yin

West wrote:The Porsche won an overall race this year in the ALMS. Forgot which one.
yeah they beat the R8(not R10) at mid ohio,which is a very tight and slippery track,but i still wondering how much potential the RS Spyder has.....that's unlike porsche and roger penske just wanna win the LMP2 :?

yin
yin

yin wrote:
West wrote:The Porsche won an overall race this year in the ALMS. Forgot which one.
yeah they beat the R8(not R10) at mid ohio,which is a very tight and slippery track,but i still wondering how much potential the RS Spyder has.....that's unlike porsche and roger penske just wanna win LMP2...to win the LMP2 which is SUPER EASY for Porsche :)

yin
yin

yin wrote:
yeah they beat the R8(not R10) at mid ohio,which is a very tight and slippery track,but i still wondering how much potential the RS Spyder has.....that's unlike porsche and roger penske just wanna win the LMP2 class title...to win the LMP2 which is SUPER EASY for Porsche :)