2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

dialtone wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 17:06
This thing about celebrations is fake drama. They can feel however they want, not sure what the goal is. They aren’t entitled to be sad? People really think they are against Hamilton?

Let them be…
Being sad because you get on stage? #-o

Who here is claiming anyone is against Lewis?! That's what you make of it.
The Power of Dreams!

mwillems

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Darth-Piekus wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 14:29
Trust me Im in no way shape or form able to dictate what people can discuss here nor am I trying to. All I said is that the stewards compared to us have more data on their screen and they and Mercedes decided that Lewis had to give the position back to Norris. Hamilton would not have been able to pass Norris if there was a wall there or a sandtrap instead of normal asphalt. At the end of the day the stewards have the dara to decide however noone knows what happens behind the curtains. Corruption exists in every organisation and I do believe the FIA was no exception. However I am in no position to prove it.

Lets just say that its bothering me as a fan of Mclaren our team to be the only one penalized so much in the history of F1 and others escaping without harm for similar offences.
A great first effort to hold back :D
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mwillems

It could simply be that with the dropped points and the way Russell was feeling, they agreed not to celebrate, to be respectful and move on.
I very highly doubt that Toto would tolerate his driver being shunned by the team or that anyone would impact their own career by making such an egregious stand. Can you imagine that conversation?
"Errr yeah boss, that guy you're paying £40m to, well I'm more of a Max fan..." . Hello Arse... meet my boot and THE door.

Anyone would go there for the team to celebrate an achievement together if there was a personal issue. The idea that there is anything in this relating to Hamilton's relationship with anyone makes no sense.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

chrisc90

Nothing about the relationship between them at all - it’s just the second time that Lewis has been on the podium and the team failed to celebrate the occasion with him.
Not that it’s a huge deal - just a little odd given the team usually shows up for the top 3 finishers in god knows how many years.

Lewis didn’t look his normal self on the podium either

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

It's not Lewis problem that Russell bin it into the wall.
Toto celebrated the WCC after AD2020...

Lewis is the guy who brings the points home, they should support him.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 18:51
Nothing about the relationship between them at all - it’s just the second time that Lewis has been on the podium and the team failed to celebrate the occasion with him.
Not that it’s a huge deal - just a little odd given the team usually shows up for the top 3 finishers in god knows how many years.

Lewis didn’t look his normal self on the podium either
"Nothing about the relationship" but keeps going on at it like a dog with a bone.

Lewis looked pissed off because he realised that with a better Q3 he could have won the race. That's called "being a professional racing driver". At least he didn't stalk off in a sulk but rather joined in with Sainz's celebration.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 21:28
That's called "being a professional racing driver".
Imo, that's called being a professional in general!
197 104 103 7

TFSA

cplchanb wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 16:04
so by your metric you can divebomb into a corner without any regard to safety and automatically be afforded space? thats max speak right there. what happened to showing caution and due care when making a lunge? the move from perez was desperate and required yuki to yield by force. its what you would find in GT7 lobbies.
And by your metric, overtaking on the inside shouldn't be possible?

Going for a very open gap isn't divebombing. Divebombing is where you brake way too late on purpose, hoping the other driver just gets out of the way. Perez was on the kerb here trying to avoid Yuki cutting across. As evidenced by the pictures i provided, the gap was clearly there. Yuki was all the way to the left at the time Perez was far enough along to be entitled to space - and then Yuki just cuts across the track, completely ignoring Perez presence.

That's not a divebomb. And it's certainly not Perez fault. Yuki had every opportunity to take the outside line.

The Albon incident is another story.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

TFSA wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 21:51
cplchanb wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 16:04
so by your metric you can divebomb into a corner without any regard to safety and automatically be afforded space? thats max speak right there. what happened to showing caution and due care when making a lunge? the move from perez was desperate and required yuki to yield by force. its what you would find in GT7 lobbies.
And by your metric, overtaking on the inside shouldn't be possible?

Going for a very open gap isn't divebombing. Divebombing is where you brake way too late on purpose, hoping the other driver just gets out of the way. Perez was on the kerb here trying to avoid Yuki cutting across. As evidenced by the pictures i provided, the gap was clearly there. Yuki was all the way to the left at the time Perez was far enough along to be entitled to space - and then Yuki just cuts across the track, completely ignoring Perez presence.

That's not a divebomb. And it's certainly not Perez fault. Yuki had every opportunity to take the outside line.

The Albon incident is another story.
I thought that your post about it all being Yuki's fault was actually a joke :wtf:

So far fetched that it was close to satire - but you really do believe that this lap 1 incident was 100% Yuki? Yikes :o

Don't think it was malicious from either, but it was careless enough.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

TFSA

CMSMJ1 wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 22:20
I thought that your post about it all being Yuki's fault was actually a joke :wtf:

So far fetched that it was close to satire - but you really do believe that this lap 1 incident was 100% Yuki? Yikes :o

In my original post, i said that you can argue racing incident - but if we have to blame someone, it's not Perez.

Likely why he wasn't even investigated (although the stewarding this weekend in general was lacking).

Zynerji

TFSA wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 22:58
CMSMJ1 wrote:

In my original post, i said that you can argue racing incident - but if we have to blame someone, it's not Perez.

Likely why he wasn't even investigated (although the stewarding this weekend in general was lacking).
All responsibility to NOT crash is always on the overtaker, not the overtakee.

Swerving to crash (like Schumacher/ Hill) is the only exception!

Yuki in the RBR for Japan, please!

ringo

The yuki vs perez and perez vs ham in spa doesnt compute. Perez is now in hamilton position and yet people blame yuki. :lol:
For Sure!!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Shall we head over the FIA thread?

TFSA

Zynerji wrote:
TFSA wrote:
19 Sep 2023, 22:58
CMSMJ1 wrote:

All responsibility to NOT crash is always on the overtaker, not the overtakee.

Swerving to crash (like Schumacher/ Hill) is the only exception!

Yuki in the RBR for Japan, please!
Not if the one being overtaken does something stupid - like a late defensive move.

Or was Alonso responsible for the crash with Stroll at the US GP last year in your mind?

Yuki was mandated to leave him space and he didn't. That's a simple fact.

Oleo
Oleo

ringo wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 03:35
The yuki vs perez and perez vs ham in spa doesnt compute. Perez is now in hamilton position and yet people blame yuki. :lol:
Yeah Hamilton didnt get any space in Spa, oh wait he totally did.... :lol:

Far enough alongside (front before backwheel) for at least some space.
Compare Tsunoda's position with other cars on the outside, like Lawson
0 space given, this is clearly not fully/predominantly Perez's fault.