Benetton no-tobacco livery: did it ever race?

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Giando

Benetton no-tobacco livery: did it ever race?

Hello!
I'm trying to find out if the following no-tobacco Benetton B191 livery (with the "Camel" letters hidden under blue shapes) was ever actually raced in an official gp or a test, either in 1991 or in 1992... anyone who could help me? Thanks.

Possibly, it was just a masking for the scale model when EU started to forbid tobacco decals on such items.
But, Alboreto's helmet back in 1989 had a similar stuff in the Camel logo space so i have a lot of doubts...

Any help appreciated. Thx :P
Last edited by Giando on 02 Oct 2023, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: Benetton no-tobacco livery: did it ever race?

I thought they just had a picture of the camel and not the wording?

Might have to watch some old races and see - It'll be France, Germany and UK, right?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Giando

CMSMJ1 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:40
I thought they just had a picture of the camel and not the wording?

Might have to watch some old races and see - It'll be France, Germany and UK, right?
Thanks for your answer, I've already extensively searched images all over the web but no results...
I guess those countries were the first to forbid the tobacco adv, yes.
But Schumacher certainly drove the B191 just in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Japan and Australia in 1991
and only the first three races in 1992, South Africa, Brazil and San Marino... before the B192 debut within the season. So it's tricky.
That's why i think it might be from a private or collective testing session in UK or France (good old days eh...) but again, i can't find no evidence of it.
Last edited by Giando on 02 Oct 2023, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

Stu

I remember seeing that kind of livery camouflage, but it was on Lotus 99T.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.