2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 21:18
Media is always out for clicks. Luckily we have Wouter who is actually informed and informs us.
Thank you @Sieper. Means a lot to me hearing that from you. 🙏🤗
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/motorsport ... mut-marko/
The air miles are piling up these weeks for the Formula 1 community and also Red Bull's advisor Helmut Marko.

He has been granted a week's "break" at home between his return from Melbourne and the flight to Japan (GP in Suzuka on 7 April).

After all the turbulence of the past week, he can at least confirm: "I'm going to Japan."

Marko answered whether the Horner case (the Red Bull Racing team boss was accused of "inappropriate behaviour" by an employee, which triggered a veritable crisis in the team and even the company) was over:
"From the Thai shareholders' side, everything is clear. Everything is okay for them. Whether there is anything more to come or not - no idea. It's a very complex matter that is difficult to understand." "We have other worries at the moment." :shock:

Will he continue to work as a "consultant" as usual? Marko: "Well... Well, I would say so. There are always talks and discussions."

With whom? "My direct superior is Red Bull CEO Oliver Mintzlaff."

Marko emphasises that his relationship with the German is "correct". His consultancy contract runs until the end of the 2026 season (the first with the new engine regulations). And will he fulfil it?
"At the moment," says Marko after a short pause, "we have other things to worry about than what I'm doing." :shock:

The last time he spoke to Chalerm Yoovidhya was at the turn of the year 2023/24 - when the Horner case was not yet public. "But conversations usually go through the British lawyer Peter Blake-Turner."
The Power of Dreams!

mzso
mzso

taperoo2k wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 01:17
Dunlay wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:37
avantman wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:06

In the over-reliable and ultra predictable modern era, those random bad luck factors are like a breath of freash air. and you want to take it away for what exactly? to make it more fair so to say or..?
what's next I wonder? run-flat tires, right? Gosh...
Really bad argument. No unnatural external factors should have an impact on racing. If tear offs are acceptable, then you can as well have marshals allowed to throw banana peels, after eating banana, on the track that can help spectacle by helping slide a car off the track.
If drivers have to place the tear off strips into the cockpit, that could lead to a momentary distraction that might well cause an accident. Tear offs are necessary so drivers can see properly during the race. Take those away and they'd have to visit the pits to get a mechanic to wipe the helmet visor clean.
I'm good with no tear-offs. This is F1, they can afford coating the visors with some superomniphobic surface.
And/or they could use the low tech solution of making the backside of the gloves of a materiel suitable for wiping. (Not that it's impossible to drive with an insect stained visor )

This reminds of the cameras. I wonder what they're doing with it. In the past I often saw some splatter moving outside the screen as the camera cleaned itself. But I haven't seeen that for several years I think.

Waz
Waz

Cassius wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 16:36
Dunlay wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 15:46
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-62663/

Ralf Bach | March 25, 2024, 2:39 p.m
F1 Insider Exclusive: Red Bull team boss Christian Horner wants to sign Fernando Alonso for 2025.
Can we stop quoting these unreliable sources. In 2 days I have read about Ricciardo being kicked out for Lawson, Perez being signed for 2025, another article on Max going to Mercedes, Horner being interested in Sainz, and now also Alonso.
Well, it's highly doubtful that Perez will be renewed. He's doing a good enough job, mostly because there isn't much threat from behind, but a driver like Alonso is a giant of the sport, and signing him would generate a buzz that would rival Hamilton to Ferrari. It's also entirely possible that rumours of a Verstappen exit before 2028 are actually true. If there's discontent brewing, drivers in the past generally move on, and the Aston Martin project, especially with Honda, might appeal to him more.

Sainz was already in the Red Bull camp, and it's very likely he is being steered towards Audi by his father, who has strong links there.

ME4ME

Waz wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 15:31
Sainz was already in the Red Bull camp, and it's very likely he is being steered towards Audi by his father, who has strong links there.
Doubt it. Imo Audi is likely at least 5 years away from winning anything.

chrisc90

Any hints of a Suzuka upgrade for the car?

ringo

I think Sainz is a good choice. As for Audi, Sainz looks like the type of guy that is strategic and would much prefer a known entity like redbull to get a WDC. He has raced MV33 before and I do not think he is afraid to to toe to toe with him in his own team. Sainz is an underdog and like to prove doubters wrong. He will try his best for that redbull seat.
Checo brings money however, but sainz is now on 3 wins and checo only 5. It's not a stretch to swap these two.
Alonso I fear wont be a good long term deal for Redbull. I do not think he wants to go there and fight Max either.
Alonso could be too old for teammate drama. It would take a lot of his energy to not be destroyed by Max, and at the same time get the team to focus on his opinions and strategies.

As for the team being in "crisis", I think it's a fabrication by the media to create internal turmoil. The team is doing very well and has no tangible issues as it relates to competing in F1. The attention redbull are getting reminds me of what Mclaren and Mercedes used to get when they were on top of the sport.

Suzuka is coming up and the team will be extra attentive to reliability of the chassis and brakes. They know they have the car to win every race going forward.
For Sure!!

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 19:37
Suzuka upgrade was confirmed by Waché in preseason testing and Marko echoed his comments. Plan is for an upgrade at Suzuka and an upgrade at Imola.

It seems like McLaren will bring theirs to Miami and Ferrari to Imola. I'm expecting everyone's first batch of upgrades to end up amassing to roughly the same amount of gain. On paper you could claim RB will bring 2 upgrade packages to others' 1 but I expect RB are just bringing it in two stages to gain some benefit sooner

De Wet

chrisc90 wrote:
vorticism:

RB20 development speculation: Suzuka spec sidepods.

Last edited by De Wet on 01 Apr 2024, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Wow, "double undercut".
Where is the upper SIS ? If real, this is all people will talk about for the Japan GP.

organic

venkyhere wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 15:40
Wow, "double undercut".
Where is the upper SIS ? If real, this is all people will talk about for the Japan GP.
It's a speculative drawing, so I don't think there's need to say "if real".. i dont think vorticism is claiming it's what RB are bringing but rather an interesting idea taking into consideration the established radiator layout

Paa

What would be the benefit of this? I don't have aero eyes, but happy to read about concepts and ideas.

venkyhere
venkyhere

organic wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 15:59
venkyhere wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 15:40
Wow, "double undercut".
It's a speculative drawing, so I don't think there's need to say "if real".. i dont think vorticism is claiming it's what RB are bringing but rather an interesting idea taking into consideration the established radiator layout
Yes, I know it's a render. By "if real" I only meant "if indeed the real thing resembles this"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

De Wet wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 13:36
chrisc90 wrote:
vorticism:

RB20 development speculation: Suzuka spec sidepods.

It's like a double downwash concept. I like it. However I can't see where the inlet would go or how this would make sense. The only scheme I could think of was this, which I don't think is legal.

I don't think this is legal because of the number of sections which are intersected in the X-Z plane containing the inlet. There's 3 in a section of this concept. The regulations permit a maximum of 2. Also, rarely are you permitted to place a random wing shaped bit in the middle of a car. Something like this just makes too much of a mockery of the rules. The two section rule doesn't let you do anything interesting with the sidepods except take a traditional shape and make it smaller.

With that said, a RB team member did say this last month:
Some crazy bits in the pipeline
Last edited by AR3-GP on 02 Apr 2024, 04:18, edited 3 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Also, the performance in Australia was fine despite the limitations. Perez's 2nd stint on the Hard tire was competitive before the damage.

The F1 journalist and Andrea Stella are citing the graining of the C4 tire in free practice (and Perez mentioned that it happened on the C4 in Las Vegas as well) as a means to present a false narrative. RB also experienced C4 graining in Las Vegas but didn't have any problems with the C3 (hard) tire that they switched to after the first pitstop. This is intuitive because graining occurs when there's too much grip and not enough tire temperature. Cold rubber is brittle so the adhesion to the tarmac in the corners simply fractures the rubber. A harder compound mitigates this because there's less grip in the compound, so the tire slips instead of fracturing. The C3 was the hard tire in both Australia and Las Vegas. It was never run in free practice because teams were saving it. However, that is only my opinion. It is a closed chapter.