Thread not moving to the top with new post

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Thread not moving to the top with new post

'24 Ferrari team thread does not move to the top of the queue in the Formula One Teams subsection when you post in it. It appears to be the only team thread exhibiting this behaviour as if it was pinned to the middle of the page.

viewtopic.php?t=31493

Soalar
Soalar

Re: Thread not moving to the top with new post

It's mimicking Ferrari's fortune in real life I presume

organic

Seems McLaren '24 is the same. I suspect the mods sticky the current threads to the top and this is done manually. The Ferrari and McLaren team threads were made recently and haven't been done yet is my guess

hollus

Thanks for the heads-up.

Indeed, it is fully manual. Done for those two.
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

How would a pinned topic not allow/allow the new posts to be ordered in proper order?

Would be the case viewing the sub forum, but surely not a list of posts in time/date order?

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 12:01
How would a pinned topic not allow/allow the new posts to be ordered in proper order?

Would be the case viewing the sub forum, but surely not a list of posts in time/date order?
stickied and not stickied topics are ordered by time in each subforum. The stickied posts are naturally always at the top and are also sorted by time which results in a time discontinuity (orange line) where the stickied threads end and the unstickied threads begin. In this case the most recently active unstickied thread is the mclaren 2023 team thread

If you use the active topics page it doesn't treat stickied/unstickied threads differently and they're always in order of time

chrisc90

There was me thinking it was the 'New Posts' feature. My bad.