Congratulations Sebastian, but where is he?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Tom

Congratulations Sebastian, but where is he?

Well done Sebastian Loeb, he's just won the World Rally Championship 2006, from his armchair. The Frenchman had such an incredable lead he descided to sit out the last four rounds and give Marcus Gronholm a chance to catch up a little. OK, his mountain bike incident was unlucky but I reakon even if Gronholm had won the Oz event this weekend he wouldn't have taken the championship.

Incidently Loeb finished first or second on every event he started, despite crashing off the road on the first round in Monte Carlo.

Well done Marcus, you were the best driver out there, except Seb, and congratulations to his Finnish prodigy Mikko Hirvonen for his first rally win yesterday.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pRo

Re: Congratulations Sebastian, but where is he?

Tom wrote:I reakon even if Gronholm had won the Oz event this weekend he wouldn't have taken the championship.
Probably not, I'm sure Loeb would've been in the last race, if things got too tight.

He deserved it anyway. These should be settled on the races, not by accidents outside them. :? Even though I'd rather see someone else win for a while, they have to do it by being faster than Loeb.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

ketanpaul

Well done Loeb.................i really want to see him in an open wheel category. It is obvious that he is a real talent.......he should probably look towards a couple of F1 tests.....mwybw bmw?

Tom

Perhaps, not F1, but F3 Euro perhaps? Although McRae did test Brundle's Jordan at Silverstone a few years back and didn't do too badly, then again Martin did well in the Subaru.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Woo-hoo! Loeb rules! I'm so glad he won because if someone else had won it really wouldn't reflect results from this whole season.

Tom

He also won me £5

zac510
zac510

ketanpaul wrote:Well done Loeb.................i really want to see him in an open wheel category. It is obvious that he is a real talent.......he should probably look towards a couple of F1 tests.....mwybw bmw?
Why not see him at LeMans instead?

manchild
manchild

zac510 wrote:Why not see him at LeMans instead?
He was already in LeMans this year.

zac510
zac510

manchild wrote:
zac510 wrote:Why not see him at LeMans instead?
He was already in LeMans this year.
Precisely my point, manchild!

ketanpaul mightn't know that.