Bruno Senna

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
pRo

Bruno Senna

Has anyone been following his career? I'm interested in everyone's opinion about him.

I have seen small news about him every now and then, but now it seems he really can drive. Especially in wet, take a look at this:
http://www.gp2series.com/en/website/gp2 ... tcm:2-9989

The iSport team is good, but it's not THAT good. I know, it was just testing and chances are some took it more seriously than others and I might be biased, cause I really liked Ayrton. That's why I'd like to hear what others think of him.

"If you think I'm good, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno." -Ayrton Senna-
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

ketanpaul

Well I haven't really seen any of his races, but from clips on youtube I can say that he is a real talent, probably the next Kimi :lol: :lol:

zenvision

I am still not convinced. I feel he's jumping steps too far, without staying in and series to win it with style. For sure he's not like kimi, he lost his head in the last race last year and was quite disappointed with him about that. Conway would be a better bet right now. I just hope he doesn't jump way too many steps and he discovers so when its too late, because that surname is a huge burden.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

pRo

zenvision wrote:I just hope he doesn't jump way too many steps and he discovers so when its too late, because that surname is a huge burden.
He kinda has to take big steps now...

He was really promising in karting when Ayrton was still alive. After his death Bruno quit racing for 10 years or so. :? He was 10 at that time. Imagine where he could be, if he had been actively racing all that time and got help from Ayrton?
(I know, it's an if that never happened)

Gerhard Berger arranged a Formula Renault test for him in...2004(?) and apparently he was good enough, even after the long pause, to convince a few people and continue his career. I know the scores, but not the details, so they don't tell that much. But finishing races 2nd after not racing for 10 years...there must be something good in that guy. Apparently he didn't even have a "winning car" under him, but who knows.

I believe he will race in GP2 next year and that will tell more of him than anything he has done so far. I don't think he has signed a contract yet though(?).
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

RH1300S
RH1300S

At the start of the year he was looking very good, he seems to have tailed off a bit.

I watched an F3 race at Silverstone this year - it was wet and frankly Mike Conway made the rest look a bit average (including Senna).

Maybe he is good, but he does not look like a great at the moment.

On the other hand, he seems to be a very unassuming young man - will probably go places.

Heikkirocks
Heikkirocks

Other drivers have had the better of Senna this year, one quote I read in Autosport was from the Italian round of F3, It went similar to ' Yeah, I beat Senna in a national class car around here, but Senna will make it to F1' From an Italian competitor, says a lot, but I don't know the race. We briefly met him at Goodwood FoS weekend, had a LOT of attention, I think we will see him in F1 maybe the same way we have seen Piquet Jnr, employed to keep the publicity, and, hence sponsors on board

manchild
manchild

I don't think that he is pulling strings as much as people push him in order to see Senna name in F1 again. He has enough talent and money to prove himself and I think that people who are pushing him are not doing him any good.

K.D.

Bruno Senna

Well I´ve been following him all year, and I do think he is outstanding, very down to earth and able to keep both feet on the ground (just like Ayrton) It´s true he did have a mixed season these year in UK F3, but that was through no fault of his. I´m convinced that he will be in GP2 next year, and will definately be one of the frontrunners. It´s clear that he do feel a lot of pressure from the media, due to his name but he can handle that I´m sure.
One thing is for sure, he has all the contacts to F1 (read through Berger) and my guess is, he will be in F1 2008.
Motorsport is great but F1 is the best

Reca
Reca

Heikkirocks wrote: Other drivers have had the better of Senna this year, one quote I read in Autosport was from the Italian round of F3, It went similar to ' Yeah, I beat Senna in a national class car around here, but Senna will make it to F1' From an Italian competitor, says a lot, but I don't know the race. We briefly met him at Goodwood FoS weekend, had a LOT of attention, I think we will see him in F1 maybe the same way we have seen Piquet Jnr, employed to keep the publicity, and, hence sponsors on board
Well, people in Italy have the experience of another driver with an equally famous name that started career here and was beaten by about everybody else left, right, up and down... still that driver not only made it to F1, but he did it in the best condition a driver could ever dream of.