Max is at it again

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pRo

Max is at it again

From Max's column in F1 Racing Magazine...

He commented Alonso on Hungary. He said he wouldn't have given him the two seconds penalty, but instead disqualify him completely from the race. He also said that he wouldn't have punished Schumi with the two seconds penalty for passing under the red flags. :lol: :cry:

Then again, he also says he wouldn't have punished Alonso for impeding Massa. :roll:
Last edited by pRo on 22 Nov 2006, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

RH1300S
RH1300S

Max is talking out of his arse again. I read that, I think he was trying to make the point the he doesn't interfere with the oucome of races - leaves it to the stewards to do that job (;))

A silly point to make if you try and analyse the "correct" decsion - but I'm not starting that again here - it's been nice an peaceful lately with some interesting technical discussion 8)

pRo

RH1300S wrote:I think he was trying to make the point the he doesn't interfere with the oucome of races - leaves it to the stewards to do that job (;))
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I understood it properly. In my world, if a person doesn't want to interfere and leaves matters to other people, he won't speak out loud what he would've done. :roll: "I would've" means interfering and not leaving it to others, even if done afterwards. Cultural difference?

I'm not starting that again here - it's been nice an peaceful lately with some interesting technical discussion 8)
Sorry, didn't really mean to start anything either. :oops: Just wondering what he was trying to say with those comments. Seemed a bit weird to me. :?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Carlos
Carlos

Politics and subtext -- Best to enjoy the racing as what we are --fans
of the sport -- as we do not make or influence these matters. I agree, there is no point in beginning another firestorm of discussion. Lets look forward to another season in 2007 and the performance of the drivers, and the technical developements of the cars. We follow F1 -- not direct it
or make decisions on activities on the levels of steward decisions or changes to the rules and operations of the business or governing bodies.

Regards Carlos

RH1300S
RH1300S

Sorry pRo - my post wasn't meant to sound like a criticism. None intended at all.

I think your point is understood perfectly and I agree.

f1.redbaron

Re: Mas is at it again

pRo wrote: Then again, he also says he wouldn't have punished Alonso for impeding Massa. :roll:
Didn't Brundle ask him about that penalty during the pre-show, and Max's answer was "You don't know the facts!" But, the bottom line is that, regardless of what the decision was, Alonso's engine blew, so it doesn't make any difference.

Btw, nobody in this world will ever convince me that Scumacher's and Alonso's actions in Hungary were at par - there is no way the two deserved the same punishment.

manchild
manchild

f1.redbaron wrote:Btw, nobody in this world will ever convince me that Scumacher's and Alonso's actions in Hungary were at par - there is no way the two deserved the same punishment.
I agree, what Schuey did was much worse. :mrgreen:

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:I agree, what Schuey did was much worse. :mrgreen:
I knew somebody was going to be all over that! I wrote it like that on purpose :D :D :D