Daytona 24 hours

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ciro Pabón

Daytona 24 hours

After 7 hours and 237 laps, Scott Pruet is 0.69 seconds ahead of Scott Sharp. This is going to look good in Montoya's resumé, I hope. :)

Audio and live timing: http://grandamerican.vfx.com/Rolex/Gran ... an_800.asp

TV: Speed Channel-Latin America, today 8-10 pm Bogotá/EST time (1-3 am GMT), tomorrow 9-11 am.
Ciro

Ciro Pabón

Well, this race is incredible: after 21 hours, theres is less than a second between the first three cars!

The cherry of the pie is that JPM has just overtaken for first place... It's sunday and there is a lot of sun in the sky, here in Bogotá. Let's hope for three more hours of sun...
Ciro

Ranald
Ranald

Yeah I have been following the race on and off since the green and it's been amazing. The live timing and audio are really immersive. Shame there is no live coverage this side of the Atlantic.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

Ciro Pabón

Ranald, doubly welcome to the forum. I knew I wasn't alone... :)

And Montoya, Durán and Pruett win the 24 hours of Daytona. I was hoping for Juan to get his Rolex the hard way.

Rolex Cosmograph: you have to wait years to get one, except if you win Daytona
[img:250:188]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... aytona.jpg[/img]
Ciro

jaho101

I'm glad Montoya won, my favourite driver in the race I must say (probably my favourite since I started watching CART), I only turned on the TV at 3 hours and later exactly at the conclusion of the race, man those Daytona cars can be ugly.

Ranald
Ranald

That was quite some race. Although I couldn't watch the race itself I really got the impression of a tight race through the audio/timing provided. So us Brits have a year to barrage TV broadcasters to show next years race.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.