Autotesting

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Tom

Autotesting

A video I devised during my race yesterday in the first round of the South of Scotland Car Club's 2007 championship. I came 22nd overall but I was one of the few with no handbrake which cost me alot of time and I had the longest car there so it was a good result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=172W5ZRMo-s

results: http://soscc.co.uk/full_chat.html scroll to
'Report updated 29/01/07.
Tar Autotest, Sunday January 28th.'
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ted68

Quite good, Tom, did you spill much?

Tom

All of it everywhere, well I have my first driving lesson tommorrow so is there anything in the video you think I could improve on before then?
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

ahhh, the ZX... :D

manchild
manchild

Tom wrote:All of it everywhere, well I have my first driving lesson tommorrow so is there anything in the video you think I could improve on before then?
Just pretend that you have no idea about driving and take it slow. Trying to show off can only get you in trouble with driving instructor :wink:

Regarding that video... I'm still dizzy after seeing it hours ago :lol:

Ciro Pabón

Tom wrote:All of it everywhere, well I have my first driving lesson tommorrow so is there anything in the video you think I could improve on before then?
Yes. :)
Ciro

zac510
zac510

I've never done that - I don't think I could remember the path to take, haha

Tom

The paths do take a while to remember but i seem to have a knack for it, what I loose in speed and technique I half make up for in direction is my theory at the moment. For the record that race got me 22nd overall and 2nd in class which is a very positive result for a tarmac event.

My driving lesson was hard and I was really surprised how unnerving it is on the road, hopefully I'll soon get more confident though.

Saribro
Saribro

Tom wrote:My driving lesson was hard and I was really surprised how unnerving it is on the road, hopefully I'll soon get more confident though.
Driving is easy, getting around in traffic is the assbiting part.