GP Live Donington 18-20th May, 200 F1 cars : PHOTOS

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
benjabulle
benjabulle

GP Live Donington 18-20th May, 200 F1 cars : PHOTOS

There will be a very special event at Donington at the end of the week, the GP Live, about historic F1 cars with famous drivers and an impressive list of F1 cars, more than 200 ! , from 20's to 2000's. A.Newey will be also present and a special exposition will be dedicated to cars he designed. More infos on official site : http://www.gpliveuk.com/GPlive-introduc ... uction.asp
and a page on my own site with the list of cars and timetable :
http://www.gurneyflap.com/gplive2007.html
I think it looks to be the best event of the year :wink: [/b]

Carlos
Carlos

Benjabulle - Thanks for theGPLive link - really enjoyed the survey of GP/F1 car pictures and history index.

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

AArghh, Why did I not have the time to go, what a great event and blimey what an amazing collection of cars. I didn't even now this Ferrari 312 T something or other still existed. Damn why am I living in Holland :roll:

Keep the pics coming on the website benjabulle, absolutely chuffing magic!

zac510
zac510

kurtie, you can see Euroboss at other European ciruits.

Carlos
Carlos

I agree - tha 312 "snowplow" Ferrari is a revelation - I had forgotten that design - innovative aero approach and and extremely short wheelbase - fortunate to have the contibutions - Thanks again for the coverage, He went, documented & passed along to F1T.

Pix from 1972 and car tested by Sir Jackie ?- brief history on link very illuminating.

manchild
manchild

Thanks for the pics! It's nice to some "real" F1 cars (wide and on slicks) from time to time :roll:

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

I believe the ferrari was called the spazzaneve or at least that is what my book says. Looks quite interesting but obviously it wasn't as good as they thought it would be. Perhaps it was nervous on the straigths due to the short wheel base?

@ Benjabulle: Was the pits opened for the public as you got a lot of great shots or did you have some kind of press pass?

The problem I always have with events in the UK, is that I am never back home on monday when normal life resumes. Euroboss was going to be at zandvoort this year at the masters but due to some nit-picking greenies it has been cancelled because the noise could harm a few special bugs in the dunes!

However I believe historic F1 championship will be at the historic trophy so that might be something to go to or nurburgring is also an option to see something interesting.

benjabulle
benjabulle

kurtiejjj wrote: @ Benjabulle: Was the pits opened for the public as you got a lot of great shots or did you have some kind of press pass?
However I believe historic F1 championship will be at the historic trophy so that might be something to go to or nurburgring is also an option to see something interesting.
The pits were opened for the public only an hour each day, this is one of the complaints that can be read on english forums. If I really enjoyed it, this is the best event I ever gone, that's also linked to the fact I had the right pass. There had the 3 historic F1 championships in one event, which is unique : Euroboss, FIA and FORCE, but you can all see them in others places. The best were the tributes to Senna, V10 cars, Turbo, Red Bull F1 team, Cosworth and A.Newey exhibitions....I'll do 2 others pages on my site with them in the next days and I show other photos here tonight :wink:

Cheers,

tomislavp4

Nice pics :shock:

In the first post, the last picture (the one showing the difuser), what car is it?

benjabulle
benjabulle

tomislavp4 wrote:Nice pics :shock:

In the first post, the last picture (the one showing the difuser), what car is it?
McLaren MP4/1 (B), the first carbon chassis and a very neat rear end by J.Barnard, the more advanced car of 1981 season. It was known that since R.Dennis, McLaren didn't sell any of its F1 cars but it seems not to be completely true. There were 3 MP4/1 in a garage and also a MP4/8 which was on display (and not a show car). The guy who got all of them (and many other ones), was also driving (very well) a Williams FW16B ex Hill.

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

Indeed not true that mclaren didn't sell any of its cars, I lately heard that van Eerd who is driving euroboss bought a mclaren-peugeot.

By the way lovely pic of those matra v12 exhausts :lol: and that BMW turbo is also a wonderfull still can't believe that that base engine was designed in the late sixties and made it all the way into F1 and after that back in modified from in the M3.

plansmotorsport
plansmotorsport

Some video from the meeting, McLaren MP4/1B, combining a front facing cam and driver cam, is now available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SBhrkrLEcA

No traction control :)

benjabulle
benjabulle

I added 2 other pages since last time and there'll be a last update in the next days :
http://www.gurneyflap.com/gplive2007.html
http://www.gurneyflap.com/f1historic2007do.html