F430 Scuderia

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".

What do you think about the new F430 Scuderia?

Poll ended at 26 Jul 2007, 23:35

79%
Dislike
21%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 24

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

F430 Scuderia

Ferrari have just released the new model for 2008:The F430 Scuderia. Which comes as a surprise to many of us as we all believed it would include the Challenge Stradale name.

Output has risen 20-30hp from the 490hp V8 of the standard F430. The "Scuderia" version has also lost a considerable amount of weight, 100kg to be exact. Power to weight ratio is 2.45kg/bhp. Also used is the new F1 Superfast 2 gearbox and carbon-ceramic brakes (CCM 2).

Less weight, and more power and motorsport technology have all helped improve the performance of this already wonderful Ferrari berlinetta.
http://www.ferrariworld.com/FWorld/fw/index.jsp

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.ph ... arnum=3285

http://jalopnik.com/cars/frankfurt-auto ... 279943.php

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/18/ferr ... -stradale/
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Nice one :)

The color seems familiar... what's the name of it? Rosso what?

FLC
FLC

Looks great.
Anybody care to explain why Ferrari has chosen to put the exausts that high up, in compariosn to the "regular" F430? I've noticed they've done it with the Enzo and FXX too. What exactly is the gain?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I believe the color is Rosso Corsa. But this specific color on the F430 Scuderia seems too rich, maybe a different tone of it.
Anybody care to explain why Ferrari has chosen to put the exausts that high up, in compariosn to the "regular" F430? I've noticed they've done it with the Enzo and FXX too. What exactly is the gain?
As far as I know, there are two gains to raising and centering the exhausts.
1.) In the Ferrari Challenge Series, the cars also have raised and centered exhausts, this is to lessen the probability of an accident damaging the exhaust tip. Since the cars usually have the exhaust tips on the lower corners of the rear-end. In short, the exhausts were easily prone to damage from accidents with other competitors. So then the design was carried over to the street cars, and the FXX.

2.) The exhaust flow is increased by shortening the length of the overall exhaust, and by the exhaust being straightened a bit as well.
------------------
It's an amazing piece of road legal machinery, even with it's ulta hefty price tag. Too bad I'm in college at the moment, or else...........

FLC
FLC

Thanks. I thought about the second explanation, but the first one is somewhat new to me.

Ever since I watched Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson testing the original F430 I couldn't get his reactions ("Ferrari is on a whole new level now", "This makes even an Aston Martin DB9 or a Porsche turbo feel like a canal boat", "This car is just staggering", "I'm not gonna mess about, it's epic" etc, etc) out of my head... Together with the "those exhausts are only waist disposal units, but I've herd less tuned symphony orchestras" unbelievable sound of that car - I wonder what he would have to say about this update... :wink:

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb1Wh7U8tBQ

recommended to all motorists at heart.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Torque numbers for the F430 are as follows: 465 Nm / 343 ft lbs @ 5250 rpm.
And 483 bhp / 360 KW @ 8500 rpm.

So if the F430 Scuderia has 520bhp @8500, how much torque do you guys think it has? It most likely hasn't gone up a considerable amount though, just a tad.

It must be amazing to drive, especially being able to let it loose on a race track.

And have you guys seen the brake rotors :?: :shock:

allan
allan

The f430 was already an amazing car.... Now this!!
I don't know what to say... words are simply not enough!!!

FORZA FERRARI!!!

modbaraban
modbaraban

mx_tifosi wrote:
I believe the color is Rosso Corsa. But this specific color on the F430 Scuderia seems too rich, maybe a different tone of it.
I actually meant that it looks like one of F2007 (since Monaco). I thought it's a new color.
FLC wrote: :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb1Wh7U8tBQ

recommended to all motorists at heart.
thanx for the vid. Can't stop drooling now...
J. Clarkson wrote:CST mode - commit suicide.... training
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

modbaraban wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:
I actually meant that it looks like one of F2007 (since Monaco). I thought it's a new color.
Thats kind of what I meant as well, its very similar to the Rosso Corsa color, but a darker shade. I dont believe there's a specific name for this color, nor for the one on the F2007 since Monaco.

Sorry for not being able to answer your question though.
-------
I can't wait until video footage of this car comes out, I hope it is similar to the F430 Challenge video posted above: exhilirating.

FLC
FLC

modbaraban wrote: thanx for the vid. Can't stop drooling now...
Well, to be honest, I just chose the one I thought was the longest, so that you would get more of the thrill, but I watched it today, and it doesn't show 2 of the most interesting things about this car. One is the fact that Ferrari somehow managed to make the soft top version only 0.3 sec slower (!). Jeremy was racing a a topless one against a Ferrari test driver in the Berlinetta, which was good stuff.
The second thing is that although it did great on track in the hands of the Stig, and was even faster than the Zonda, it was slower than the 360 Challange Stradalle, but both the Stig and the Ferrari test driver said it was down to the Bridgestone tires, while the 360 CS has Pirellis.
So what's on this F430 Scuderia? I couldn't find that info. Maybe someone can read what's written on the tire in the pictures? I guess you can prob. choose the brand you want anyway.

ds.raikkonen

Cooler than ice, purer than snow 8) watch the 911GT3's ass getting kicked again :D
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

allan
allan

FLC wrote:So what's on this F430 Scuderia? I couldn't find that info. Maybe someone can read what's written on the tire in the pictures? I guess you can prob. choose the brand you want anyway.
It is Pirelli again:
http://www.zcars.com.au/images/ferrari- ... aper22.jpg
I cannot wait to hear its engine!! 510 bhp FROM A V8!!
That's more than what the Mercedes SL600 gets from a V12 with TURBOS!!!

ds.raikkonen

allan wrote:
FLC wrote:So what's on this F430 Scuderia? I couldn't find that info. Maybe someone can read what's written on the tire in the pictures? I guess you can prob. choose the brand you want anyway.
It is Pirelli again:
http://www.zcars.com.au/images/ferrari- ... aper22.jpg
I cannot wait to hear its engine!! 510 bhp FROM A V8!!
That's more than what the Mercedes SL600 gets from a V12 with TURBOS!!!
Its the way Ferraris are dude! Not like pedestrian mercs
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

allan wrote:
It is Pirelli again
Yup, it uses Pirelli's, just like the F430 Challenge. Pirelli sponsor the Challenge Series. So it is applying Pirellis to the F430 Scuderia, as they usually offer higher performance than their Bridgestone counterparts.

Ferrari usually applies Pirelli's to their higher performance cars, except a few which have had specially designed Bridgestones, like the Enzo (IIRC).

Imagine what this car could with slicks on a track! I don't even know what I would give just for that experience alone :!:
And the plus side to this car is that you can drive hard at the track and then drive it home. Which then you would proceed with a good thourough cleaning and detailing of it :wink: .

If only I had 200,000+USD lying around.

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

Manchild where are you? :P Can we have some critisism, hihi!