F430 Scuderia

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".

What do you think about the new F430 Scuderia?

Poll ended at 26 Jul 2007, 23:35

79%
Dislike
21%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 24

Tom

Re: F430 Scuderia

Why do all lambos and most ferrari look identical to the last? Supercars just aren't fun anymore, I could design better, when I was 12.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yes Tom, I'm sure you could have. :roll:

Lambos and Ferrari's look "alike" mostly because of their similar mid-engine layout, which in return leads to similar overall shapes and aero designs.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

When I go home at easter I'll gladdly dig up some of my old scribbles and send you some mx :wink:

Honestly though that Lambo looks almost identical to every other Lambo seen within reacent years, ok maybe the headlights are a few degrees out and the grill in the splitter is a different kind of mesh but otherwise its the same bloody car.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

teecof1fan

I'm with you Tom. I pass the local Lamborghini/Bentley/Maserati dealership every day on the way to and from work and think that all the Lambos look the same. But that's why Ferrari exists :wink: I think the they do it right! :D
Ahhh, the most soothing, relaxing, and beautiful sound in the world. Looks cool too! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-9Io41bt8

f1italia

I love the F430. It's a work of Art. I also was fan of the F360 as well, very similar in design but the new changes to the F430 are more aerodynamic with the rear diffuser.

The F430 is the 3rd fasted road car built by Ferrari behind the Enzo and 599 GTB. The looks and handling of this car are just brilliant. Plus the F1 Technology they put into there road cars. This car even has launch control but unfortunately it's not available in the US.

macro820
macro820

Re: F430 Exhaust

FLC wrote:Looks great.
Anybody care to explain why Ferrari has chosen to put the exhausts that high up, in comparison to the "regular" F430? I've noticed they've done it with the Enzo and FXX too. What exactly is the gain?
Not sure that anyone answered this but they do this for airflow under the car.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

To 'Macro' and anyone else, feel free to read the entire thread before answering previously posted questions, since chances are they might be answered already. As was the case with the question right above. :wink:

Theres a lot more to the higher exhaust placement than just the "airflow under the car..."

macro820
macro820

Sorry it was late and I was pretty sure that was the reason and if not the only one at least one of them, at least that's what I read for their reason on the FXX. Sorry

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Didn't mean to offend, I apologize for sounding rude.

Your comments are always welcome, positive contributions will never be a bad thing!

But care to explain how the higher exhaust placement contributes to underbody airflow on this specific model?

macro820
macro820

Well if it most likely has a flat underbody and a diffuser the flat underbody helps keep the car on the road by keeping the air flowing under the car at high speeds thus sucking it to the ground, this is very big in F1 as well as keeping plenty of air to the diffuser. When they put it under the car the exhaust disrupts the airflow causing resistance and reducing the suction effect.

Edit: forgot to add: on the Mclaren F1 they put the exhaust up high because its part of the rear crash structure thus saving some weight because they can make the actual car a bit weaker.

flynfrog

macro820 wrote:Well if it most likely has a flat underbody and a diffuser the flat underbody helps keep the car on the road by keeping the air flowing under the car at high speeds thus sucking it to the ground, this is very big in F1 as well as keeping plenty of air to the diffuser. When they put it under the car the exhaust disrupts the airflow causing resistance and reducing the suction effect.

Edit: forgot to add: on the Mclaren F1 they put the exhaust up high because its part of the rear crash structure thus saving some weight because they can make the actual car a bit weaker.
This is completely wrong

the put the exhaust in the under body tunnels to use the hot gases to accelerate the flow in the diffuser adding down force not reducing it. they went away from it because it made the cars sensitive to throttle position for down force to the point that if the driver lifted the car would loose down force.

macro820
macro820

"The positioning of the exhausts themselves also helped smooth airflow at the rear."

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ferrari-enzo-fxx.htm

Scotracer
Scotracer

I have a question!

Okay so I was away on my vacation in the south of France and there was one thing annoying me; In my hotel, someone owned an Ferrari F430 Scuderia SYPDER. What the ---? Seriously, I was perplexed trying to work out what the hell it was - a bespoke Ferrari? An F430 Spyder with Scuderia parts? A replica?

I don't have a picture unfortunately but I can confirm it had Scuderia Nose, tail, diffuser, exhausts, wheels and wing-mirrors.

Can someone help :( :o
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

'Scotracer',

Based on my knowledge, Ferrari have designed and produced the 'Scuderia' version to be placed alongside the berlinetta and barchetta (hard top coupe and convertible coupe respectively) range of F430's. But IIRC Ferrari does sell original Ferrari 'higher performance' products, such as cf intakes, engine department covers, etc.

I doubt that Ferrari would produce a 'Scuderia' with a convertible top, since it reduces chassis stiffness and adds about one hundred pounds, which leads to less overall performance, completely making the 'Scuderia' pointless.

But maybe the owner had/s too much money to spend and ordered a bespoke 'Scuderia Spyder', theres no shortage of people like that these days. Although I seriously hope for it to not be an original, and simply a barchetta with 'Scuderia' parts added on.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Scotracer wrote:Ferrari F430 Scuderia SYPDER. What the.... A replica?
And one with a bad name.

That's a pitty you don't have a photo of it. That name wiould be appreciated in here (as FAILrarri apparently :lol: )