Racing driver to donate 75% of what he makes

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
bemmer3c
bemmer3c

Racing driver to donate 75% of what he makes

RACING DRIVER TO DONATE 75% OF WHAT HE MAKES FROM THE START OF HIS PRO CAREER TILL HE RETIRES FROM AUTO RACING.

I WAS READING THIS STORY ON THE WEB AND SAW THIS STORY. (NOTE) IN THE ARTICLE YOU WILL SEE THAT IT SAID WINNINGS IT WAS SUPPOSE TO SAY EARNINGS.
http://www.pe.com/sports/motorsports/st ... bd939.html

IT SOUND'S LIKE A GOOD STORY I HOPE HE MAKES IT. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIM. FOR A GUY WHO IS WILLING TO DONATE 75% OF WHAT HE MAKES TO MANY FOUNDATIONS AS A RACE CAR DRIVER.I tracked this driver down and found out that he has to start in the grand-am Rolex gt series before he can move up to the top of the racing business. He hopes to reach the top of the business and could make as much as or close to what Michael Schumacher made 125 million euro per year, David Beckham makes 50 million a year, Tiger Woods makes 97 million a year, Oprah Winfrey makes 260 million a year. These are some examples of those who make allot of money. If he made what they made he would donate 75% of it. No matter how much money he makes he said he would still donate 75% of what he makes. He believes he can do it. If you don't think so, challenge him he said in fact he said tell everyone. Tell the news or tell media spread the word.He has spent the past 15 years in the business with over 400 hrs of driving Formula race cars to GT3 cup cars. He has been working with some pit crews over the years. He has been known to be the fastest and most consistent lap times ever seen despite no sponsorship. You would think with all that talent that he would get sponsored. But it dose not always work out that way. You have to be rich with money or you have to know someone who has money or contacts. He has grown up poor and had to work for everything he had, and yet the odds may be against him, he still believes that he has what it takes to make it to the top.HE HAS STATED THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO BECOME A PRO RACE CAR DRIVER FOR THE MONEY, FOR HIM DONATEING THE MONEY IS THE BEST THING HE WANTS TO DO.
Last edited by bemmer3c on 11 Sep 2007, 09:01, edited 2 times in total.

Rob W

Nice tax deductions in his end of year tax-returns then...

Rob W

D
D

Give me a break with this altruism crap. It's just a load of marketing BS to promote himself. He's looking for the sympathy votes.

It is also just arrogant to say that he is better than other top athletes because he is telling the world that he is more generous/humble before he has even made anything of himself. The fact that he is announcing this to the world completely undermined his "altruistic purpose".

He's either an idiot or an attention seeker. Personally I think likely to be both. The world doesn't need people like him. Senna never said a word when he donated millions to charities and what not until his untimely death and only then did people bring all those good deeds into the light.
Thank you for reading.

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

What a boring chap (+marketing crap), first win then think about donating!

zender05
zender05

D wrote:Give me a break with this altruism crap. It's just a load of marketing BS to promote himself. He's looking for the sympathy votes.

It is also just arrogant to say that he is better than other top athletes because he is telling the world that he is more generous/humble before he has even made anything of himself. The fact that he is announcing this to the world completely undermined his "altruistic purpose".

He's either an idiot or an attention seeker. Personally I think likely to be both. The world doesn't need people like him. Senna never said a word when he donated millions to charities and what not until his untimely death and only then did people bring all those good deeds into the light.
Not everything is marketing and sales. If you think that way, you'll miss quite a bit in your life. The world would be a lot better without people in general, but it'd be kind of boring, eh? I personally agree with you in the sense that you shouldn't go around telling people about how you want to give money away all day, but I also think that you're being a bit harsh and pessimistic. Cheer up! :)
Jesus loves ya!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

On the surface it appears his goals are altruistic, but in the end, it's just a shameless grab for publicity.
There are many wonderful people who donate to charity, yet keep mum about it. Senna is a good example. Another is Barry Greenstein, a poker professional who has over 5 million in career earnings, yet he has donated all of his winnings to charities.
There's truly humble, and then there's .. look at ME IN CAPS, ADORE AND LOVE ME BECAUSE IF I MAKE MONEY RACING, I"LL DONATE.

Make up your own mind.

flynfrog

so who is this driver?

his story is about the same as most of the guys i raced with including being screwed by "agents"

Tom

Top line, his name is Tao Mora, there's a bit about him on ITV.com forum written again by bemmer3c.

So tell us a bit more about him. So far we know he's 37, resides in America although his name sounds Oriental to me, how exactly do you know him and why does he trust this businessman when he's been screwed over so many times?

What worries me a bit is the lines:
SB= WILL YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RACE CARS, AS FAR AS HOW TO DRIVE THEM AS WELL AS SET THEM UP.

TM= YES, I HAVE MANY IDEAS FOR THE RACE CARS, BUT FORMULA 1 CARS THERE IS SO MUCH YOU CAN DO TO THEM. AND MY IDEAS ARE REALLY GOOD FOR THE AERO DESIGN, EVEN THE ENG AND TRANS TRICKS BASED ON THE FIA RULES. I LIKE TO SPORT IT MAKES YOU THINK AND TRY TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHER TEAMS.
I've never heard of a driver who had any real input into the aero or mechanicals of an F1 car. Many have good setup ideas but even the lower end teams have very intelligent people whos sole job is to improve the car, a team is unlikely to hire a driver for this quality. It sounds more to me like he's done a few pic comparisons of his own and thinks thats enough to start improving multi million dollar machines.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

NumberTwo

At first I thought this was a poke of fun at the business of racing. By the end, my head hurt.

Turns out, he's real.

http://www.pe.com/sports/motorsports/st ... bd939.html

dumrick
dumrick

This is either:
- a true Hollywood story about the guy that is the most honest, compassionate, and good guy around, gets screwed around but never loses faith and keeps fighting back;
- a joke or
- a bad liar.