Formula Junior 2008 - Portugal

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Formula Junior 2008 - Portugal

Long time isnce I last posted...now I'm working for a race team and this post is more or less publicity! hehe

Well there's going to be a new competition in Portugal in 2008 called: "Formula Junior"! It's a stepping stone for people coming from karting and wanting to run in Formulaes. Basically the car has a motorcycle engine and has rudimentary wings...though full suspension ajustments are possible.

The car is a JKS car.

The cars available are maintained by the organization, though private teams can compete! So my team will be running 2 cars, while the organization will have 10 to 15 cars.

The cost of competing is 45000€/season....and at the moment only 2 year contracts are available!

A season has 7 race weekends...each weekend has 2 - 30 min free pratice sessions, 1 - 20 min qualy, 2 - 10/12 lap races and 1 -14/16 lap races....so 3 races each weekend! With at least 2 races in Spain...the rest in Portugal.

If you're interested or know someone that might be interested please send me a personal message and I will give you my boss's e-mail, so you can contact him.

The teams website is: http://www.rodrive.com

checkered

It looks like

a very promising series. Do you know how the costs compare with running a full season in some European senior kart classes? Good ideas, too, some of them evocative of a few that have been floated here about how motorsports can be made accessible. Keep us posted. Does the series have a general website of its own as well?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

The series doesn't have a website yet...I just know that the cost of competing in the spanish F3 Championship is about 150 000€ to 250 000€...in a secondary team.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Scuderia_Russ

Good to see you back. When did you graduate?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well actually I haven't graduated...there have been some changes in the Portuguese university system...so instead of 5 year degrees now we have a 3 year Bachelours course...plus 2 for the masters! So I just have 3 classes this year, to finish my masters...and I also have to write my masters thesis, by the way it's on aero optimization of the CDG-wing concept!

So basically...I'm still fininshing...but I've been working for a race team since January!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Monstrobolaxa,

I'm also glad that you are back, I was wondering where you went. Since I hadn't heard from you in quite a while, and I know you are one of the "original" members.

I definately wish you the best in your studies, and work. I am currently in a three year course (BBA) as well, as supposed to the normal five year version. And I know its demanding and fast paced, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Hope you stick around and continue to contribute your knowledge and wisdom, theres never enough if you ask me.

Best Regards,
mx_tifosi
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well I've been quite lazy in the last couple of months...at least internet wise! The team I work for is still quite small and were expanding...so basically I do almost everything...from mechanics works, engineering work and even cleaning the car and the shop!

Besides that the boss keeps on requesting a whole lot of things (specially car development...and some tool design)! I'm also working on a project for a client (I'm opening my own company too :lol: )

Besides that the masters thesis is also taking a lot of my time.

So you can understand that I don't have much time for the internet! I've spoken with Tomba a few times on MSN, but even going to MSN has been reduced!