Anyone Going to Le Mans 2008?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Minicucci

Anyone Going to Le Mans 2008?

I'm going for the first time , and I was wondering if anyone had any tips, or if anyone is going this year?
I'm comming from Canada so I wont be driving. Any Canadians or North Americans going?
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines." -Enzo Ferrari

Ranald
Ranald

Re: Anyone Going to Le Mans 2008?

I will definately be going. Hopefully will be working, entry permitting, but if not will go for race week as a spectator, work permitting. Either way it wil be my first time and I can't wait.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

Tom

I'd love to go and if I can find the cash to get down to France I'll find a way, hell I'd cycle it if that were the only option, might not be such a bad plan actually.

350 mile or so should get me fit :lol:

I'll let you know if anything comes of my plans.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

I'll go for sure, but not in my own car. I'll be leaving from Paris anyway, so I don't think I can be of any help.

Ranald, I'm not sure if you told it already, but which team are you part of? Do you have insiders infos about the entrants for the LMS and Le Mans? I heard last year GT1 winners Larbre Competition have withdrawn their partnership with Aston Martin, does it mean no more DBR9 in the field :( ?
Also I have read some Porsche Spyders will be entered for the P2 in LMS, but do we have a chance to see the Penske yellow DHL livery at the 24 hours or will they boycott the event again?

Anyway have fun, I have a pressentiment 2008 will be a good year, I wish a dry and sunny one 8)

Minicucci

vyselegend, do you know the best way to get to LeMans without a car?
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines." -Enzo Ferrari

West
West

You might want to consider this as a way to get there:

http://www.globalwebcart.com/bbvstuff/i ... dxm455&d=1
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Ranald
Ranald

vyselegend wrote:Ranald, I'm not sure if you told it already, but which team are you part of? Do you have insiders infos about the entrants for the LMS and Le Mans? I heard last year GT1 winners Larbre Competition have withdrawn their partnership with Aston Martin, does it mean no more DBR9 in the field :( ?
Also I have read some Porsche Spyders will be entered for the P2 in LMS, but do we have a chance to see the Penske yellow DHL livery at the 24 hours or will they boycott the event again?
Hi vyselegend, I work for Team Modena. We race a DBR9 in the LMS and entry permitting at Le Mans too. I don't have any insider info on any entrants i'm afraid but I can help answer your questions.
Labre have already announced that they have purchased 2 Saleen S7Rs from Oreca and will race them in the LMS, at Le Mans and in FFSA GT. But there will still be Astons at Le Mans: 2 from the factory team likely and I would expect a couple of privateer cars too (including at least on from us). There is also the possability of the rumoured Aston powered P1 car!
It seems very unlikely that penske will make the trip over the pond which is a great shame but Horag Racing and Team Essex are going to lodge entries.

This is a really good website for keeping up to date with all of the latest rumours and announcements: http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/default.asp

Ranald
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

vyselegend

Ranald wrote:
Hi vyselegend, I work for Team Modena. We race a DBR9 in the LMS and entry permitting at Le Mans too.
[-o< Oh yes I pray for it. The Aston is so sexy! It really brings something to see its wonderfull shape in the GT1 field.
I'll cheer for you no doubt ;)

After some rumors that Alexander Wurz might drive for Peugeot next year, it is now Frank Montagny who is quoted as making the move from F1. And I have read Olivier Panis will drive for Courage/Oreca. Hey, now I hope Villeneuve's agenda will allow him to come back too.

Minicucci, I have no miracles to propose to you. The obvious way from Canada is by plane, then take a train to Le Mans and finish the travel by taxi (or surely there are shuttles specially for the event, and regular bus going to the track too).
--> So the first step is to know if your flight will land you at Roissy Charles de Gaules airport (airport code is [PARISCDG] I believe) or Orly airport (code is [ORY]). Then you can see the way by metro or bus to the railway station leading to Le Mans (I think it will be "St Lazare" or "Montparnasse").
Anyway trying to make all the schedules to coincide is such a pain that I think you should go to a travel agency and let them plan it all for you.
Feel free to PM me if you need more infos.

And last word, if you choose to follow West's plan for coming, don't drink before and suscribe a solid assurance... :lol: