Who is your favourite top gear guy?

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.

Jeremey
34%
Richard
14%
James
52%

Total votes: 29

Principessa

Who is your favourite top gear presentator?

Mine is Hammond. I only started watching top gear recently as it came on belgian television not so long ago, but now I'm really hooked. Already following the 11th season as well and I just think that it's a brilliant show. The trio is a good match, but I have to agree with Hammond and May that they are not satisfied with their "little" paycheck and with the fact that Clarkson earns that much more than them. They should all be equal in my opinion.

Why did I pick Hammond? He's just so funny. Always has the surprise of the day when they have to go out to buy a car. And of course, not unimportant, he's the hottie of the show. Although I must say that The Stig looks pretty hot as well :lol:

roost89
roost89

Re: Who is your favourite top gear guy?

Where's the option for The Stig?
for the ones there, I'll go with Clarkson
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Principessa

The stig isn't really one of the presenters of the show. If I would put The Stig there I would have to add the Top Gear Stuntman as well

roost89
roost89

True. I don't think many people know why TG Stuntman exists. He's a bit rubbish too. Would you also have had to put Top Gear Dog aswell? Does Top Gear Dog exist anymore? :shock:
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Scuderia_Russ

Yes I really am that handsome!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tifoso

I was thinking the same this week: who is my favourite TP guy? And I still can't decide.

James: Funny and I feel sometimes sorry for him :lol:
Richard: Funny, funny
Jeremy: Tifoso, loves cars 100%

Alexpcenteno

They are a trio. It's almost impossible to tell wich one is more funny. Like James his slow and have no sense of direction and thats funny and he also says the most boring things which are funny. Richard is funny because his super active he is always screaming and making fun of Jeremy and May and he got funny jokes. Finally Jeremy. He is lunatic about cars and hes judgment is unpredictable because he takes many points about the cars purpose and he is a total petrolhead.
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else." - Ayrton Senna

Ciro Pabón

It's Clarkson. The others are his adjutants, funny, but adjutants.

Petition to make Clarkson prime minister of England.

Petition to Never, Ever make Clarkson prime minister of England (capitals are NOT mine).

I love a couple of stunts by him:

- Calling people at BMW stand "nazis", saying BMW navsat system is "headed only for Poland" and saying that people at Hyunday eats dogs ("They probably had a spaniel for lunch...")
- After being hit in the face with a pie, he commented "Great shot!"

These are the kind of comments I try to make before I die of boredom, watching other bland, truly correct and without substance TV hosts.
Ciro

Giblet
Giblet

For some reason this show has not been picked up by American networks.

I can watch Coronation Street whenever I want, but Top Gear I need to download.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Scuderia_Russ

Giblet wrote: Top Gear I need to download.....I can watch Coronation Street whenever I want.
Every cloud...
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Ted68

Giblet wrote:For some reason this show has not been picked up by American networks.

I can watch Coronation Street whenever I want, but Top Gear I need to download.
BBC America on Monday nights and replayed on Sundays. Also, NBC is doing an American version which will probably suck.

Does anyone else think James May looks like Benjamin Franklin? Anyway, Ciro is right--as always--it's Clarkson's show.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Of course Jezza is the principal character* of the show. Not sure if it's everywhere like that, but when the show is translated and dubbed for non-english speaking viewers there's A LOT lost in translation. A whole lot! Basically the hamster and May fade away deeply into the background. So I just avoid ukrainian or russian translated versions of the show.
Which one is my favorite? Well, I'd say that Hammond is very good, but the least interesting for me (since I'm not gay :lol: ). May is the very underrated one, and Clarkson really makes TopGear Top Gear. :)

Oh, and clearly the TG Dog is the cutest of them all.
*I used this word on purpose since TG has more than just presenters or motoring journalists. They're charachters with their scripts and all the stuff, it's much, much more than just a TV programme about cars. And the characters have their personnalities, everyone has a set of distinctive features (to be laughed about by the other two). They are like real themselves but more exagerated and rediculious, I think. Other characters like Stig and the stuntman are characters too, but w/o revealing thei real identity... not sure about the dog though :)

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I don't watch Top Gear much, and Clarkson is one big reason. For a car guy, he's a real jerk.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7873624.stm
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

MattF1
MattF1

I prefer James May.

spirit

All three and Stig have great rapport with the camera. Gotta hand it to the producers, too, benchmark television, IMO.

No reason to take Jeremy at his word...he's only offensive if you lap it up too literally, of course.

Haven't searched lately for news about the American TG. Probably best just to let it die, if it hasn't already. :roll: