David Coulthard's Red Bull at Intergalos '08 - illegal?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

David Coulthard's Red Bull at Intergalos '08 - illegal?

21) CAR LIVERY
21.1 The provisions of the Code relating to national colours shall not apply to the Championship.
Both cars entered by a competitor must be presented in substantially the same livery at each Event, any change to this livery during a Championship season may only be made with the agreement of the Formula One Commission. In order that the cars of each team may be easily distinguished from one another whilst they are on the track, the on board cameras located above the principle roll structure of the first car must be predominantly fluorescent red, and the second car fluorescent yellow.
I believe David's car was illegal? Unless some sort of exception was made... BAR tried to enter two cars one season with different liveries but were told it was illegal, so they simply combined the two liveries and drew a zip down the middle...

Any thoughts?

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: David Coulthard's Red Bull at Intergalos '08 - illegal?

Not illegal. The teams agreed and so not a problem.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

axle
axle

Re: David Coulthard's Red Bull at Intergalos '08 - illegal?

Indeed, it was his last race and it was for the Wings for Life charity. All the teams agreed to the special dispensation.
- Axle