f1 2009 career dependant

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

f1 2009 career dependant

What drivers do you think are relying on this season to stay in F1?

I think Piquet Jr has got an awful lot to prove and i think i can safely say will not be in F1 next season even at this stage on the season. Not been impressed once by him

Bourdais will be unless he finishs above Buemi

Kovalainen needs to prove his good enough or i do not think he will be with macca next year

Chello will get the send of he deserves and so nearly didnt get from honda last year

hulmerist

Re: f1 2009 career dependant

piquet and heikki will probably have their last years, i can't see them doing anything, especially in the cars they have and being shown up by the team mates they have

kimi will probably have his last year i reckon, he'll lose interest pretty soonish after last year if he doesn't start winning

fisichella and sutil i would say as well, they will probably be pushed by mclaren to give di resta a drive if those two don't perform

Kester
Kester

If Bourdais gets beat by Buemi I think he'll be out the door come 2010.

Roland Ehnström

Yeah, Bourdais will definately not get a third chance if he doesn't beat Buemi. Likewise, Buemi must continue to beat Bourdais if he wishes to stay in F1. That internal Toro Rosso duel will be interesting to follow.

Piquet should have been dropped already, in my opinion he is not F1 material, and Renault don't help him much either (focusing completely on their star driver Alonso). There is no way he is driving an F1 car in 2010 - if Renault don't drop out of F1 he'll be replaced by Romain Grosjean. I am also sceptical about Nakajima, I think he might be replaced by Kamui Kobayashi or Nico Hulkenberg for 2010.

I think Kovalainen is pretty safe at McLaren, but he needs to get some results soon.

I feel this could be Fisichella's final season, unless he gets a drive with a new team (like USGP) for 2010. Same thing goes for Barrichello. Sutil will stay I think, he's doing pretty well isn't he?

Kimi has a contract for 2010, but after that I am pretty sure he will leave.

Also, what about Webber, will he stay much longer?

astracrazy
astracrazy

As they said on the BBC Meet the Drivers last sunday, Fisichella has done a complete circle in his career.

Usually if you are in the same position as you started 13 or so years ago its time to go

xpensive
xpensive

In addition to the abvove, I can see Rubens leaving after 17 seasons and his indian-summer with Brawn, as well as Webber for "medical reasons" when having been humiliated by "wunderkind".
Sorry about that last one Chap. :cry:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

axle
axle

In no particular order; I think these are the seats most under pressure this year.

Bourdais
Piquet
Heidfield
Nakajima
Fisi
Sutil
Kovi
Kimi
Webber

These are the guys most underpressure to keep their seats. But not neccessarily their careers in F1.

I can see Heikki and Hulkenberg at Williams in 2010 if Rosberg goes to McLaren.

I agree that Rubens may well choose to retire if he's beaten by Button in the WDC.
Last edited by axle on 02 Apr 2009, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
- Axle

xpensive
xpensive

If that 30 MEUR budget cap is enforced and includes the drivers, things will definately be very different.
I think Raikkonen, Alonso and Trulli and will go as well. If Button walks away with the WDC, he will surely quit too after 10 seasons in F1 to pursue "other interests in life".
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

axle
axle

xpensive wrote:If that 30 MEUR budget cap is enforced and includes the drivers, things will definately be very different.
I think Raikkonen, Alonso and Trulli and will go as well. If Button walks away with the WDC, he will surely quit too after 10 seasons in F1 to pursue "other interests in life".
The drivers will line their pockets with personal sponsorship deals. As they always have.

That budget cap was also not something teams HAVE to sign up to.
- Axle

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I make a caution that it's still very early in the season. Just one year ago, at almost precisely at the same point in the season, many fans were screaming for Ferrari to sack Massa because they believed he was not good enough.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5316
Guys, you have to give the situation a bit of time to develop, and allow the drivers more than just one race to prove themselves. Each driver is selected by their teams because they have something to offer. No driver position is taken lightly, and for different reasons, each driver deserve their chance.
Patience, it's required. The teams have it, and I hope some fans try to practice it too. Because this isn't like a movie or video game, where a driver comes out of nowhere and sets tongues wagging because of a great race drive. In this age of instant gratification, we have to be aware that this season goes many months, and involves many races.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

sdimm

I think Piquet will go during this season if he doesn´t performe. Not only by beating his teammate once but finishing in the top without the luck of a safteycar or something.

I think Alonso is desperate to go to Ferrari as he would have alot of good engineers around and a car that´s much more stable. In 08 if you watch the onboard footage from Hockenheim you can see that he gets really pissed off at the car for not performing and then he overdrives it at hell.

Kimi is hard to tell what he wants but I´m pretty certain that he´s not bored by f1 in any way. Just that he expects maybe a bit too much from the car.

Kimi and Alonso are on the day and in a competative car simply unbeatable.
// Mattias

--------------------------

virtuso13

Kimi maybe . Ferrari will be a hell lot better off with Alonso . Maybe its his last season

Nakajima ??????
We give dogs the time we can spare , space we can spare , and love we can spare . In return dogs give us their all . Its the best deal man has ever made .