Lab Car in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti
Belatti

Lab Car in F1

A couple of weeks ago I went to BsAs track to see a TC race.

It called my attention that there are two "lab cars" used by the ACTC (would equal to the FIA for F1) to test new safety and rules features. They basically use them to see how a rule change would affect racing, peace or safety.

I think it would be a nice idea for F1. It would only take a previous year car and enginea and an engineering group with good ideas.

By coincidence surfing a South American F1 forum a guy posted about this 1969 F1 prototype that was supposed to have advanced safety features:

Diseñadores : Scudería Ferrari – Mercedes Benz - Pirelli - Automobil Revue – Carrocerías Pininfarina – Ernst Fiala – Paul Frére – Michael Henderson – Ate-Teves – Graviner Ltd. - Repa .

Año : 1969

Does anyone have more info about this car?

NOTE: thanks foro "LA MAXIMA"http://www.lamaxima.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1191
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Chaparral

Re: Lab Car in F1

Belatti its the Pininfarina designed Sigma F1 (Ferrari) designed off the back of the 312 chassis/motor - Ive seen some decent references to it in books (Automobile Yearbook 1969 is one) - not sure whats around on the net but I remember I googled the image up once and up came a quite extensive article on it - you should check with Ciro also I think he may be able to help.
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

Shi Ruan
Shi Ruan

Re: Lab Car in F1

Belatti wrote: Does anyone have more info about this car?
It's actually the super secret BRAWN GP prototype <_<.
^----Raving Lunatic----^