Diffuser appeal rejected, confirmed to be within the rules

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Diffuser appeal rejected, confirmed to be within the rules

At last we know the decision, and I appluad it.
Let the new diffusers enter the scene!

Also in this forum:
:arrow: The predictions of the outcome: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6577
:arrow: Technical discussion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6321

spaman

Re: Diffuser appeal rejected, confirmed to be within the rules

Incorrect understanding of the rules by the judges - in my opinion. :roll: #-o

zgred

FIA - International Court of Appeal wrote:Press Release

International Court of Appeal - Decision

15/04/2009

The FIA International Court of Appeal has decided to deny the appeals submitted against decisions numbered 16 to 24 taken by the Panel of the Stewards on 26 March at the 2009 Grand Prix of Australia and counting towards the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Based on the arguments heard and evidence before it, the Court has concluded that the Stewards were correct to find that the cars in question comply with the applicable regulations.

Full reasons for this decision will be provided in due course.
Let cut cost Max.
So we are waiting for something like six new cars.

natef1
natef1

Yay.

Now let's see what everyone else can design.

woohoo
woohoo

Yeaa!!!

Good stuff, innovation prevailed. for once the FIA did some good.
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

jonathan189
jonathan189

Unsurprising. Well done Brawn/Toyota/Williams! Your innovative engineers beat the rulebook. Personally I think this is good for F1.

vasia
vasia

Good, we finally get a conclusive decision. We are set for a very interesting season. With the testing ban in effect, how well will the B-Spec cars from the non-diffuser teams run? Going in the wrong development direction this season will cost dearly. With limited testing, the upcoming races, Barcelona particularly, will be very interesting. Some of the B-Spec cars might have reliability issues.

Also will be very interesting to see how the Diffuser 3 develop their cars. Out of that group Toyota has the most development resources, as Brawn and Williams are quite a bit smaller right now.

I predict that at least some of the Diffuser 3 teams will further refine and update their diffuser designs now that the FIA has issued a final decision.

Toyota must be real happy right now, as they have a fast car that's also very reliable. Let's see whether they become complacent or develop their car rapidly.

Nice to see the FIA for once reward innovation, and not the status quo.

Metar

"Full reasons for this decision will be provided in due course."
I'm waiting for that. Hope the rules are tightened for 2010.

May the best Toyotocopy win.

warmandog

JAjajajajajajaja
im gonna be just cutting and direct into this .
Congrats Willie boys.. now please as this is going to be youre last chance to be infront ..please use it!!!! you need that help from FIA if not you would be just laping at midfield where you team realy belongs
........and please if something radical appears at one of the top teams.. just dont start you bulshit posting arguing than this or that are just illegal and teams IE ( Ferraris, Mclaren , Renault ) are cheating.. its just simple dudes for this case was just inovating for all the other past cases where a plain cheating and ilegality
Congrats... we prayed for F1 movements ..now thanks to FIA helping you midfield teams are improving.. so that stop for all this bullshit about FIA-rrari and yada yada yadas you used before dont you!

regards

Alex C.
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

dave34m
dave34m

Toyota say they made full use of the consultation procedure with the FIA which was a helpful process to ensure their interpretation of the technical regulations was correct.

Pity FIA didnt say they had already approved the setup when they were asked prior to the 1st race instead of maybe its legal, maybe its not statement.

djos

Very bad call imo, nice work FIA!!! [-X

This is on par with the MacLaren persecution in StepneyGate!! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

vasia wrote:With limited testing, the upcoming races, Barcelona particularly, will be very interesting. Some of the B-Spec cars might have reliability issues.
I would expect not... at least, not for any B-specs introduced in Barce.

Basically, to do the job right, a rework will need a new gearbox. A new box will never be ready by Barce, so any B-spec introduced then will be band-aid aerodynamics only.

warmandog

kilcoo316 wrote:
vasia wrote:With limited testing, the upcoming races, Barcelona particularly, will be very interesting. Some of the B-Spec cars might have reliability issues.
I would expect not... at least, not for any B-specs introduced in Barce.

Basically, to do the job right, a rework will need a new gearbox. A new box will never be ready by Barce, so any B-spec introduced then will be band-aid aerodynamics only.
So ..is that a cost cutting measure?????
do you know how much money team will need to make this type of DDD as it best!!!!
for me the season is just over. and we are going to see fading in the lead worst than schumi did in past.. so where the competition at track..
Where????

regards

Alex C
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

warmandog wrote:So ..is that a cost cutting measure?????
No. It is the exact opposite.
warmandog wrote: do you know how much money team will need to make this type of DDD as it best!!!!
Alot. I have no idea of exact figures.
warmandog wrote: for me the season is just over.
Don't make the mistake of concentrating on the race leader.

The midfield is immensely tight this year, leading to great racing on down the field. Unfortunately, far too many people get caught up in the world championship and miss out on good racing.

2002 was not a bad year - its just the coverage of the good racing in the midfield was inept.

timbo
timbo

I'm interested on whether there would be a transcript?
Interesting to see was RBR design studied.