Force India to introduce new diffuser

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rahulsampath
rahulsampath

Force India to introduce new diffuser

With the double-decker diffuser turning out to be the biggest weapon this season, Force India has decided to introduce a modified diffuser for the next weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. This was revealed by team owner Vijay Mallya in conversation with DNA[An Indian News Agency] over the phone.
Vijay Mallya said that it will be an interim diffuser and that a fully competitive one would be introduced for the Monaco GP.

xpensive
xpensive

Re: Force India to introduce new diffuser

And this exciting news rewards a new thread I guess?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

hulmerist

oh god shut up, he felt like he had something to DISCUSS on a FORUM

will hopefully see them gain a few tenths and close the pack up even more, sutil was unlucky today, outdid his teammate comprehensively, hopefully with some decent hardware he can do something

The Thorn
The Thorn

least nice thing about a new part on a car like that, is that the rest of the teams will make the difference very low in a very short time. Teams like Force India are only getting faster if they can make a very revolutionary car. When they don't, they will never get much better, because performance is paid more then just taking part in the races.

Where will the feed come from for the interim diffusers?

I was under the impression it was the "edges" of the BGP floor that was the legal point of contention - which allowed the feeding of air from beneath the car, above the low central section at the rear & below the crash structure.

As I understand it, RBR are already feeding air above the diffuser, under the foils below the rear wing, but not from under the floor.

So maybe the interim diffuser set will lean in that direction (utilising turning vanes etc. for the feed, & probably using he crash structure as an upper element) before they develop a new floor?

ISLAMATRON

FISI is being manhandled by Sutil... Hope we get to see Senna sson for them... Or De Resta

firefly
firefly

Are there any pictures in regards to this? Interested in their interpretation of the DDD.