Turkey GP 2009 - Istanbul Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
De Jokke

Turkey GP 2009 - Istanbul Park

Another bad race for mcl in the make: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 066342.stm

another win for button, I predict. The question is: with or without stealing barri's set-up like in the two previous races.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Giblet
Giblet

Re: Turkey GP 2009

Button steals Rubens setup?

I thought they shared information. A source for this "revelation"?.

A smart driver uses his teammates setup if he has gone down the wrong setup path for a track.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Scotracer
Scotracer

De Lokke let me pose you a proposition:

Premises:
-Button indeed does use Barrichello's setup
-Barrichello's setup is most suited for him
-This would make the two Brawn cars identical

With those three premises it is only logical to assume that Barrichello should be faster than Button with said setup. The fact he's been demonstrably outclassed during the races you accuse him of "stealing" setups, it should put Rubens in a worse light. QED.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

sebbe
sebbe

De Jokke wrote: I predict.
:roll:
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Slife
Slife

So what's scheduled for BMW :?: I believe it was a DDD and a new KERS.

PlatinumZealot

OK for REAL this time!!

I gave him some ratings today..... BUT!!

BUTTON IS GOING DOWN IN TURKEY!! :twisted:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sunny1304
sunny1304

Ferrari is going to be further strong in turkey.

i think this time there is a real possibility for them to win the race.

but Brawn is favourite for sure.

alex1015
alex1015

Anyone have major upgrades? I know Renault said a new front wing is one the way, Ferrari also mentioned something about upgrades but I don't know what specifically. I think it's widely expected to include an ungraded diffuser. I think BMW has some major stuff on the way as well. Anyone know?

Also is it just me or is Turkey the race they put everything on a boat for?

vall
vall

Can anyone tell us the DDDs of Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, RBR, FI are interim ones? As far as I know, no team has yet completely re-designed the car rare end. I think this is really needed to put a real DDD. If so, we can we expect major updates, possibly from Renault, BMW, McL, Ferrari?

Ciro Pabón

I don't know about DDD but have you checked Brawn's latest rear suspension? Is that an inverted single keel?

I think predictions are hard to achieve right now. Guesses would be better. I, for one, have never been able to predict winners. I would be betting if I could. I don't know if Ferrari's last race performance is typical. The track wasn't: low downforce. Turkey is tricky.
Ciro

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Posible Developments:

McLaren: Fully New intigrated DDD, some minor aero tweaks.
Ferarri: New rear suspension and fully intigrated DDD. New Chassis for Felipe Massa.
BMW Sauber: Anything, it cant get any worse, can it??? In reality, DDD First version and a non-superconductor KERS, probably alot more aero tweaks.
Renault: Lots of aero tweaks, and a new front suspension and front wing/nosecone. Updated KERS system.
Toyota: Finally putting all the tweaks from the last 3 races together and getting a cohesive package with them, and starting to hone it.
STR: Sticking plaster DDD as used by RBR at Monaco, and some other small aero tweaks. Posible running of the Ferrari KERS system on one car.
Red Bull: Full new rear end to incorperate fully integrated DDD and Pull Rod suspension.
Williams: General aero update.
Force India: General aero update, and same as Toyota, make package cohesive and hone it.
Branw GP: General aero update with some new mechanical updates.

But i see another Brawn GP massicare, with Ferarri, Red Bull, Toyota and a strong Rossberg, Alonso and Hamilton. I am looking forward to seeing the cars going arround turn 8 or 9. The track has lots of overtaking opertunities, whitch i feel KERS will have lots of input on this track, but the DDD cars will have the aero advantage i feel.

New Engines:
4 - Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari - Engines Used: 3
5 - Robert Kubica - BMW Sauber - Engines Used: 4
6 - Nick Heidfeld - BMW Sauber - Engines Used: 3
7 - Ferando Alonso - Renault - Engines Used: 3
8 - Nelson Piquet - Renault - Engines Used: 3
14 - Mark Webber - Red Bull - Engines Used: 3
15 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull - Engines Used: 3
17 - Kazuki Nakajima - Williams - Engines Used: 3
20 - Adrian Sutil - Force India - Engines Used: 3
21 - Giancarlo Fisichella - Force India - Engines Used: 3
22 - Jenson Button - Brawn GP - Engines Used: 3
23 - Rubens Barrichello - Brawn GP - Engines Used: 3

Its a long-ish track that requires a good overall aero ballance for the slow parts at the end of sector 1 and 3, the fast corners in sector 2, and the high speed back straight that i can see cars doing 310kmph+. Also a good mechanical set-up is also requires as well, and bonding it well to the Aero set up to make the ultimate package, suits a more aggressive driving style as Massa has won here for the past 3 years, so Rubens should do well here as well.

Thats my rather long analogy of the race, at the moment.

PNSD
PNSD

Turkey eh?

Well I still dont believe we have a true reading on all the cars. Vettel was after all stuck behind Massa in Spain, and Monaco is hardly a car tester.

Turkey will be very interesting. Massa is pretty handy there, and we know Ferrari is on the up. RedBull is pretty handy on the quicker circuits and Turkey is just that.

All I will predict is a titanic battle between the RedBull, Brawn and Ferrari!

vall
vall

Ciro Pabón wrote:I, for one, have never been able to predict winners. I would be betting if I could.
This yes you may :D I hope I am wrong, but it seems 2009 will be another dull, boring and predictable season, no? I had very high hope for 2009, but the DDD gang screwed it up.

Paul

I think Ferrari will be marginally fastest, followed by Red Bull and Brawn, but it all will be very close. All the others will be significantly slower.

ringo

I hope Mclaren brings their A game, i dont want to see another Barcelona. This track seems to suited for cars with good aero, similar to Barca with its high G corners. I really hope they get some downforce.

For BMW, they better make that damn DDD work! :x
For Sure!!