Japanese GP 2009 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
megz

Re: 2009 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka

Q. (Marco Degli'Innocenti – La Gazzetta dello Sport) I have a question for Adrian: if you can tell us something about your future. Maybe you are going to drive another Mercedes engine somewhere else?

AS: Well, right now I've got a real good offer, driving in a winning team… in GP2! I'm going to try to go there!
Say what?

djos

megz wrote:
Q. (Marco Degli'Innocenti – La Gazzetta dello Sport) I have a question for Adrian: if you can tell us something about your future. Maybe you are going to drive another Mercedes engine somewhere else?

AS: Well, right now I've got a real good offer, driving in a winning team… in GP2! I'm going to try to go there!
Say what?
Also known as sarcasm! :roll:
"In downforce we trust"

siskue2005

zgred wrote:Image
what is this?
kimi only did 5 laps and the inters are worn already :shock:

ISLAMATRON

walter wrote:The Kers advantage on this track is supposedly insignificant, even without the wet conditions. If it rains today and tomorrow then Vettel has a good chance of hanging on to his title chances, and Id much rather see the championship being decided on the last race rather than this one [-o<
I fail to make the connection, what does KERS have to do with Vettel or Button seeing that neither has it? Or are you claiming that KERS is the only reason Vettel has not been winning the last several races?

Unless Vettel wins the next 3 races He does not deserve to be even mentioned as the possible WDC... Button has 6 wins, 3 times as much as anyone else, He is clearly the hands down WDC this year. Wins are real, points are arbitrary, some years a win is worth 9 points, some years 10, some years a point for 8th place, some years not.... it is all asinine... A WIN has always been a WIM (unless your teammate crashes on purpose to make it happen), and whoever has the most wins should be champion.

King Six
King Six

siskue2005 wrote:
zgred wrote:Image
what is this?
kimi only did 5 laps and the inters are worn already :shock:
Apparently that's how it's supposed to be. They were having a big discussion about it on the BBC whilst showing the practice sessions. They said the first laps on inters are the best and it sort of falls off from there. They're not really meant to be used to very long stints especially because slicks are back. But then that's why you had teams like Brawn saving the wet tyres instead of running out into practice. But then again, the tracks really have to be bone dry for slicks to be acceptable

vasia
vasia

mx_tifosi wrote:
ESPImperium wrote: Image
Super different exhaust designs and suspension mountings. Among other things of course.

Toyota apparently brought a huge upgrade package to their car in Singapore. By Toyota's own words, it is their biggest single upgrade package on the car this year. They mentioned how major upgrades were made in the rear of the car, and it looks like exhaust and suspension were part of that.

vasia
vasia

In other news, here is a sighting of the elusive Ralf Schumacher :wink::

ISLAMATRON

Force India looking surprisingly good in the rain

Ray

^
I think if Sutil gets to land a ride in a faster car we'd be even more impressed. How cool would a Lewis-Adrian driver lineup be?

Scotracer
Scotracer

Ray wrote:^
I think if Sutil gets to land a ride in a faster car we'd be even more impressed. How cool would a Lewis-Adrian driver lineup be?
I wonder how long it would be before they decided it was better for 'team strategy' that they share a hotel room, and the hotels only ever seem to have a double room.

Powertrain Cooling Engineer

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

And of course it would only be in the team's best interest if they lived together as well.

Can anyone else see the pic I posted a page back or so? I can't, so I'm wondering if its just me. I also can't see any of the pics from motorsport.com...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

zgred

motorsport.com wrote:NOTICE: Motorsport.com photos section is currently partially unavailable due to ongoing hardware replacement

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Thanks, I didn't see that earlier. Although why would they do that on a race weekend? :?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

Ray wrote:^

Seen it before, and Lewis destroyed him, as he has done to all his teammates except for Alonso, Sutil is not McLaren material, he is exactly where he belongs and should be happy to be there.

vasia
vasia

ISLAMATRON wrote:Force India looking surprisingly good in the rain
Impossible to say until we see qualifying and the race. Not everyone even ran in practice, and some were not pushing 100%. That would be just like saying Nakajima looks really strong. Even though he knows the circuit well, Nakajima will be lucky to even finish in the Top 10.