Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FLC
FLC

Re: Ferrari F10

Yes, John Iley. They decided not to extend his contract because of the F60's performance. There were talks about a flaw in the aero design or something like that. Tombazis has worked for Mclaren too, until 2006 I think.

Richard
Richard

WhiteBlue wrote:The Ferrari chief designer made the following remark on the day of the McLaren launch:
Aldo Costa wrote: We were put in a very unpleasant position last year and we still think that the double diffuser is illegal. Maybe the saga will just carry on.
The DDD concept was found to be legal in March 09. Not sure how anyone can be complaining about that in relation to the 2010 cars? He can think what he likes, but we have all known the rules for 2010 for a very long time.

I see it as a pathetic attempt at mind games.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

rich1701 wrote:I don't understand why Ferrari technicians would be naive enough to take a limited interpretation of the diffuser rules as opposed to a radical one apparently adopted by other teams. It makes no sense unless they are incompetent, ...
It's ironic how a year or two ago they had the flexi wings, flex floor, and the nose cone hole, all being clever and decisive aero bits and now they are behind in the DDD race and seemingly so in other aero areas as well.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Jan_83

mx_tifosi wrote:Image

From axisofoversteer.com
No. It's from me. They/he/she just put F10 and F60 on it. :) ...aber wurscht.

Astro1
Astro1

Now Ferrari engineers are concerned over the F10s setup and tyres what is next? It's like the excuses are rolling in before racing has even started. :(

http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/01/31/fe ... and-tyres/

Mohammad
Mohammad

Astro1 wrote:Now Ferrari engineers are concerned over the F10s setup and tyres what is next? It's like the excuses are rolling in before racing has even started. :(

http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/01/31/fe ... and-tyres/
It looks like their concerns are applicable to essentially all teams. Nobody has an idea how the new tires will behave on the track. It is always good to try to dampen expectations a bit IMO.

ISLAMATRON

GTO wrote:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... _right.jpg
In this comparison photo, there is a substantial diff. in exhaust outlet location...300-350 mm more forward on F10 in my approximation.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2010_1.jpg
In plan the F10 has a more outboard exaust port location. Does the Mac just have a longer exhaust pipe under the engine cover to provide more control in exhaust air & heat release under the rear wing? If so, which layout has more advantages than disadvantages? In my view releasing the heat asap is better.
Difference in exhaust outlet location relative to what? rear wheel centerline? front wheel centerline? driver's head rest?

The exhaust headers can point either forward or rearward ahead of the collector, and then afterwards be turned towards the rear of the car... that alone can account for a big difference in location.

The length of the exhaust runners are "tuned" in order to balance scavenging and what rev range you want the "sweet spot" of the engine to be in.

You want all the heat to stay in the exhaust headers until the end of the pipe and then escape into atmos, "releasing the heat asap" can cause alot of problems, or else why run headers at all? also too little backpressure can also hinder torque production, but that is not as big a problem in F1 operating conditions.

Oh yeah, Ferrari are cheaters, cry baby cheaters... the worst kind.
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 31 Jan 2010, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Tim.Wright

ISLAMATRON wrote: Oh yeah, Ferrari are cheaters, cry baby cheaters... the worst kind.
This has been discussed many times before, please use the SEARCH function to find previous discussions of your opinions about Ferrari, and then post in the appropriate topic.

Tim

PS the search button is at the topof the page
Not the engineer at Force India

PlatinumZealot

He is obviously just pulling the Limping Pony's leg..
lol

I must say the F10 is looking pretty lame though...lol.. Though that is not to say it will not be at the front of the pack. I have confidence in the Designers at Ferrari; even last year's car was a decent performer for most races.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I don't think it has been noted that Alice is no longer a sponsor.

And what's up with the tyres? Are they used or why are the white letters so dark/dirty? :wtf:

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

MattyT
MattyT

a TDD!??!

tarzoon

diffuser exits are huge compared to last year

MattyT
MattyT

tarzoon wrote:diffuser exits are huge compared to last year
And Ferrari think others could exploit the rule even further. If this is meant to be not that extreme, I want to see the others!

Raptor22
Raptor22

mx_tifosi wrote:I don't think it has been noted that Alice is no longer a sponsor.

And what's up with the tyres? Are they used or why are the white letters so dark/dirty? :wtf:

Who the F*** is Alice....?

8)

I guess we could call that a triple deck diffusor although that in engineering speak is not something that can actually exist