Softwares.... !!!!

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Racer-X

Softwares.... !!!!

http://www.crash.ne.jp/individ/sawada/g ... 070820.jpg

Have a look on this link? What do you think it is?

Looks like an engine control computer.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Interesting picture......it seems to be something related with the engine....

the box with the white background in the middle of the screen indicating a zero seems to be the speed if you look at the letters over the number zero it seems to be speed (and something unreadable).

At the bottom with a purple background it seems to be a ATC....could the TC mean traction control?....but no idea about the A! (if it was from a aeronautical source....I'd say Air Traffic Control :lol: :lol: )

I guess it is a BMW computer.... blue colors.... HP notebook...

bernard
bernard

I guess it is a BMW computer.... blue colors.... HP notebook...
I don't know, the color seems much more sauber-blue than williams. Plus HP is the worlds biggest laptop maker, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's a williams computer.

mep

Maybe it doesn't mean ATC. I think it rather looks like AJC or AJG.

to me it looks like suspension settins and stuff

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well I just saw a pic from the computers at the Ferrari engine dyno and the screen showed almost the same thing as the screen on this lap top....so I still think it's engine orientated.

CosmoF1
CosmoF1

I took this at the F1 Parage at Regent Street in London. Definatly BMW engine software (this time running on a compaq with german o/s)

Alic01
Alic01

I noticed on your pic cosmo that BMW have integrated the 42v system that they have developed for their road cars (bloody expensive batteries!).

Can anyone tell me the advantages fo such a system.

It does definitely look like engine management software though. I also noticed they have two pedal mappings, one for normal opperation and a diffferent mapping for the pits. I always assumed that the pit limiter was a gear and rev limiter but it would appear they change the pedal calibration to retain control at low speed - not very complicated but clever non the less.