HRT for sale

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Intego

HRT for sale

Same procedure as last year, Mr Kolles?
http://en.espnf1.com/hrtf1/motorsport/story/36166.html
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

wesley123
wesley123

Re: HRT for sale

hope to see them off the grid.

This is an great opportunity for Epsilon Euskadi and others, they have Williams support(lets asume they actually paid this time) and their gearbox so imo it will be an pretty okay base.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

astracrazy
astracrazy

doesn't sound like there is much to buy apart from a formula 1 entry

i guess its a good opportunity for someone who wanted to get in next year but got turned down. Only trouble is they may end up like HRT, Virgin or Lotus did this year if ill prepared

Intego

I already posted this in the "2011 technical changes" thread:
Intego wrote:Very interesting interview with Patrick Head about 2011 changes:
German
Google translation
Q: "You work with HRT together in the future. Can that lead to a close partnership?"
Head: "It is up to them. They will use our this year's gear next year. It is a good gear. They will sure benefit from it. We will see, if it will work for them. When they pay their bills, and it's cost-effective, then the cooperation could continue as well. There are limits in the rules, what a designer can do."
Corrected Google translation, as far my knowledge suffices. 8-[
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Intego

astracrazy wrote:doesn't sound like there is much to buy apart from a formula 1 entry

i guess its a good opportunity for someone who wanted to get in next year but got turned down. Only trouble is they may end up like HRT, Virgin or Lotus did this year if ill prepared
Maybe with new solvent and sustainable owners the connection to Toyota could rise up again. I think, as the 2011 rules are somewhat similar to 2009, the TF110 could see some races. =D>

marcush.
marcush.

Head: "It is up to them. They will use our current gearbox next year. It is a good gearbox. They will sure benefit from it. We will see if it will work out for them. as long as they pay their bills it is a very cost-effective solution then the cooperation could progress as well. There are limits in the rules, what a constructor is allowed to do.

That´s how I read it.They are prepared to give more input if the money flows (with toyota having pulled the plug he seems concerned)But hints at being reluctant to provide last years chassis as well ...mind you they were the ones bashing TR and SA for using other IP.

Villeneuve stepping in now,combining the Virgin tub with williams gearbox /hydraulics? maybe not quite enough to cut the mustard in terms of 107 % rule....

natehall
natehall

In reality, who didnt see this coming?

they struggled o get onto the grid, and it was a last minute buy out that saved them, then they were struggling backmarkers who changed drivers more often than any other teams I can ever remember.

I hope someone saves them, builds them into a reasonable sized team and does it quickly..

Intego

marcush. wrote:That´s how I read it.
Sorry, I struggled somewhat with the strange German comma placement that MS-T.com used, I think it can be both.
marcush. wrote: Villeneuve stepping in now,combining the Virgin tub with williams gearbox /hydraulics? maybe not quite enough to cut the mustard in terms of 107 % rule....
They don't seem to have something that even resembles a new car. My guessing is: take the TF110 or take a bow ...

autogyro
autogyro

I think it will be one of the three for Max.
Virgin must be close to going and Team Lotus will probably amalgamate with Lotus Renault (probably the plan all along).

marcush.
marcush.

Intego wrote:
marcush. wrote:That´s how I read it.
Sorry, I struggled somewhat with the strange German comma placement that MS-T.com used, I think it can be both.
marcush. wrote: Villeneuve stepping in now combining the Virgin tub with williams gearbox /hydraulics? maybe not quite enough to cut the mustard in terms of 107 % rule....
They don't seem to have something that even resembles a new car. My guessing is: take the TF110 or take a bow ...
German comma is strange but as I understand in english there is not much use of comma anyways...
the point is: Head is concerned about HRT being able to pay for the gearbox and hydraulics enough to raise his doubts in PUBLIC. would someone do that with his new client????
The statement is clear :If it does not work out it is down to HRT, williams would be prepared to go even further in supplying another team ,rules allowing.

Intego

marcush. wrote:German comma is strange but as I understand in english there is not much use of comma anyways...
the point is: Head is concerned about HRT being able to pay for the gearbox and hydraulics enough to raise his doubts in PUBLIC. would someone do that with his new client????
The statement is clear :If it does not work out it is down to HRT, williams would be prepared to go even further in supplying another team ,rules allowing.
Translating English non-comma to German Comma is even stranger. :lol:
Maybe it can be read more as a warning as well as an offer to HRT: "Make sure you know your bill prioritys and we can raise our support, but you can't get an ell where's only an inch." Williams also needs money and they may want to sell their KERS. (Although they seem not to be happy with theirs as they cannot use their flywheel-KERS.)

autogyro
autogyro

Flywheel storage is only a small part of the complete KERS system.

Intego

And :?:

EDIT: The denial arrived: HRT denies F1 team for sale

thestig84
thestig84

autogyro wrote:I think it will be one of the three for Max.
Virgin must be close to going and Team Lotus will probably amalgamate with Lotus Renault (probably the plan all along).
I cant see where you have got the conclusion from. Virgin have a very small budget but do a good job considering. With extra Maurissa funding Ive not heard anything about them struggling.

As for Team Lotus and Lotus cars amalgamating....really!? Have your not heard the background of that mess. Seriously I think there is more chance of HRT making it to Bahrain and sticking it on pole!

marcush.
marcush.

I think it just shows how difficult it is to keep a F1 business running.Kolles is a special guy and if anyone is there who can do the impossible it is him.
He survived the cloud of doubt Ecclestone put over HRT again and again.They have absolutely no creditability have to pay everything in advance...it cannot be much harder.