2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

I personally would go all out on McLaren if it had been 'another' suspension failure, I.e. If they'd been having them for three years straight and it happened again. But even haas had a suspension failure, these things happen and are easily fixable. Up until then you could tell it was only a matter of time before they got past him. The Honda engine is visibly weaker whilst they are there or thereabouts in the corners. This is just my judgement based on watching the race. Also, why is it that every time i look at the McLaren from the back it is harvesting? I swear I saw vandoorne harvesting in the middle if a straight! I'm not sure the whole problem lies within the ICE anymore. You generally tend to see the renault engines harvesting more as well but the Merc and Ferrari engines, you hardly ever see them harvesting.

Everything I said is based on my judgement (could be flawed)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

proteus

etusch wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 12:00
proteus wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 11:44
JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 11:20
The position of the McHonda is not where it was ALO, he is the best and camouflages big chassis faults, the measurement is VAN, a good driver, the chassis is very POOR, and blaming Honda everything is not going to do That come to fight for world never again.
Alonso did what car allowed him to do. Without performance of the car and the engine Alonso would not be able to do anything.

I hope youre an aerodynamicist by youre profession since u know the answer of the chasis. U say Vandoorne is a benchmark for proof the car is bad - Vandoorne had less running than Alonso, he has less experiences than Alonso and he had less developed car as Alonso...

The fact of the matter is that engine is fragile and unreliable with fundamental faults still occuring. The chasis is atleast stable, but undeveloped since it has 2-3 times less mileage as other cars have and that is not due to the chasis itself, it is due to the ENGINE.
Do you think that ferrari and merc cars also worse than their current condition and they developed their cars by long long runs at test.
I think if you didnt bring a good chasis to the test you cant do with test a winning race car
The mileage helps u improve deficiences. Mclaren on the other hand had much less luxury to do that, since the car couldnt even run at full speed. The lackin mileage affected both the engine and the chasis. Result of that is a slow car. But the car is atleast stable, so the chasis is not a toilet. And it doesnt eatup the yres.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

etusch

The mileage improve the car only as much as car's potential let it

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

etusch wrote:
proteus wrote:
JuanjoTS wrote:
The position of the McHonda is not where it was ALO, he is the best and camouflages big chassis faults, the measurement is VAN, a good driver, the chassis is very POOR, and blaming Honda everything is not going to do That come to fight for world never again.
Alonso did what car allowed him to do. Without performance of the car and the engine Alonso would not be able to do anything.

I hope youre an aerodynamicist by youre profession since u know the answer of the chasis. U say Vandoorne is a benchmark for proof the car is bad - Vandoorne had less running than Alonso, he has less experiences than Alonso and he had less developed car as Alonso...

The fact of the matter is that engine is fragile and unreliable with fundamental faults still occuring. The chasis is atleast stable, but undeveloped since it has 2-3 times less mileage as other cars have and that is not due to the chasis itself, it is due to the ENGINE.
Do you think that ferrari and merc cars also worse than their current condition and they developed their cars by long long runs at test.
I think if you didnt bring a good chasis to the test you cant do with test a winning race car
I've stepped on the door ... obviously it's Honda's fault..😂

proteus

JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 12:53
etusch wrote:
proteus wrote:

I've stepped on the door ... obviously it's Honda's fault..😂
Well someone is wrong - u or youre idol.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

GoranF1
GoranF1

The race was painfull to watch.....no pace in car....and never in the history of F1 has a team overcome a 3.2 secs gap over the course of 1 season.....its over already.

I will put my Honda Civic to sell list tomorrow.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

JoeE
JoeE

3.2s in Aus isnt really retrospective of the rest of the tracks on the calendar, but I do see your point, the gap is huge :cry: :cry:

To get even nipping at the top 4 will be a big ask by the end of the year from both sides, Mclaren and Honda!

Chicane
Chicane

Eric Boullier: “Fernando’s car suffered a damaged left-front brake duct early on, but he nonetheless drove a prodigiously impressive race, wringing every last tenth-of-a-second from a compromised car on every lap, and at one stage a points finish looked to be a possibility for him.

“Tantalisingly close to the end of the race, however, the damage on his car developed into a terminal problem, the floor having become irreparably broken, forcing him to drive back to the garage and retire. That was a bitterly disappointing end to a wonderfully spirited drive, but I guess that’s racing.

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2017/au ... rand-prix/
Quickshifter

The_table

JuanjoTS wrote:
Remember, Vandoorne had the Barcelona spec.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

GoranF1 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 14:44
The race was painfull to watch.....no pace in car....and never in the history of F1 has a team overcome a 3.2 secs gap over the course of 1 season.....its over already.

This year they will finish on the podium, the base is good, they just have to be honest and work as a single team.

GoranF1
GoranF1

JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 16:26
GoranF1 wrote:

This year they will finish on the podium, the base is good, they just have to be honest and work as a single team.
How long do you follow F1?

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

GoranF1 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 16:31
JuanjoTS wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

Then he will ask for my autograph and I will not sign it ...😂😂

The_table

Vandoorne's pit stop on lap 9 was due to electric systems failing on lap 8 and power dropping, so he pitted to reset the car.
During the race he had to change settings very often to keep going,when the engineers explained what he had to do (at the briefing before the race) he said to himself "there is no way i will finish".

According to him they were both saving fuel like mad, his comments on the engine were that it's slow and thirsty.

He also said that we should not expect a big step forward for China.

The new parts on ALO's car are supposed to bring three tenths.(front wing and side panels)

source(dutch): http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/954/Formule-1/ ... raag.dhtml

GoranF1
GoranF1

JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 16:36
GoranF1 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 16:31
JuanjoTS wrote:

Then he will ask for my autograph and I will not sign it ...😂😂
Mark Webber said today Alonso is leaving Mclaren very soon.

Andres125sx

SR71 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 00:37
JuanjoTS wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 20:32
Only the best driver is able to arrive with chances of being champion to the last race having a boycott of his boss throughout the championship, that is ALO, id yielding to his feet because McHonda has the best pilot of the whole grid.
Mass Damper
Do you mean that damper wich was inside the bodywork and was banned arguing it was an aerodinamic device? #-o