2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: 2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

If Kimi wasn't all over the place complaining yes you could use Kimi. But i don't think he was on it like Bottas.
Anyhow, would be interesting that last sector of Vettels on his run where he almost beat Lewis. Had to be nothing but raw power from the engine.

I dont know hat to expect from the race. Strategy, safety cars, drs, driving skill? who knows what decides the outcome
Last edited by ringo on 10 Jun 2017, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
For Sure!!

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

ringo wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:22
GPR-A wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:02
ringo wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 17:24
Ferrari peerless here....
Say that again please!
Hamilton effect. Bottas was very good here and is 8 tenths behind. The ferrari has more raw power, Vettel was able to get within .004 after making a big error. The ferraris is the more forgiving car, but i don't think mercedes is the better car with Bottas so far off.
So now we analyse how fast a car is by comparing the slowest driver from one team to a fastest driver of another team, or are you saying Hamilton magically made the car go faster than it should defying the laws of physics?
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

GPR-A duplicate2

ringo wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:27
If Kimi wasn't all over the place complaining yes you could use Kimi. But i don't think he was on it like Bottas.
Anyhow, would be interesting that last sector of Vettels on his run where he almost beat Lewis. Had to be nothing but raw power from the engine.

I dont know hat to expect from the race. Strategy, safety cars, drs, driving skill? who knows what decides the outcome
Contrary to that, what would have happened is, Lewis seeing his screen that he is already quite a lot ahead, took it cautiously for his last chicane! Whereas Vettel had to push and had to take every bit of risk to get there.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Silent Storm wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:28
ringo wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Say that again please!
Hamilton effect. Bottas was very good here and is 8 tenths behind. The ferrari has more raw power, Vettel was able to get within .004 after making a big error. The ferraris is the more forgiving car, but i don't think mercedes is the better car with Bottas so far off.
So now we analyse how fast a car is by comparing the slowest driver from one team to a fastest driver of another team, or are you saying Hamilton magically made the car go faster than it should defying the laws of physics?
Yes because he is the new Senna...

ringo

Silent Storm wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:28
ringo wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Say that again please!
It's not as simple as that. You can only speak about magic if you are assuming all are driving the cars the exact same way around the track. They all can extract the same out of equal cars and drive the track differently ans get different results.
Hamilton is hiding something around this track; so it's not about the car's ability or how much is being extracted. If the other drivers learned what that is, whatever it is, they would be able to have the same results.
I believe his Q3 advantage has to do with how he deals with the bumpy segments of track. I don't think he is braking later or committing more than the other drivers.
So yes, i still think the ferrari is the better car. In hamilton hands around this track it may well go faster than today's pole time.
Last edited by ringo on 10 Jun 2017, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
For Sure!!

ringo

GPR-A wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:30
ringo wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:27

Contrary to that, what would have happened is, Lewis seeing his screen that he is already quite a lot ahead, took it cautiously for his last chicane! Whereas Vettel had to push and had to take every bit of risk to get there.
True, but highly unlikely. I don't think any driver in their right mind is going to be cautious on the last corner of a Q3 lap.
For Sure!!

Phillyred
Phillyred

I feel confident that the Ferraris will have the race pace/tire wear advantage as the race unfolds. As a HAM fan I hope this isn't the case, but this year qualy position means nothing thus far.

ripper
ripper

Canada is a power track and MERC PU still, in my humble opinion, has an edge especially on qualy mode, so I'm quite happy with 2nd position. I just hope that VET can keep this position after first corners, then we will see what happens.

If Bottas is able to pass him then will be almost impossible to claw first position for the german.

Artur Craft

nim_peter wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 12:55
We've seen in past how operating the tyres correctly results in huge laptime gains(Redbull winning every race after tyre change, not sure which year?)
That had nothing to do with the tyre's temperatures. It happened in 2013 and Newey said they started to dominate in the second half because Pirelli's initial tyre's construction couldn't take Red Bull's extra load(downforce) and were holding them up.
dobbster71 wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 20:05
It's great to hear John Watson co-commentating on BBC Radio. Takes me back to the Eurosport broadcasts of the early 90's.
I have nostalgic feelings of that too :D I hope he remains great at commentating as on those years because if he turned into the cringeworthty biased type that Sky/C4 have, that would be very frustrating to hear.

My expectation about the cars was about right. Mercedes the fastest with 2-3 tenths over Ferrari. Then, RB 1s behind and the rest is the rest.

My expectation about the drivers was very mistaken, though. The Finns performed way worse than I expected. Maybe Bottas setup his car for the Softs and he plans a different race tomorrow but I don't count much on that. It will be interesting to see if Ferrari's race pace is closer/better to/than Mercedes.

If Mercedes don't win here(on a power track), it will be very bad for them. Really hope for an eventful race with lot's of action.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Like Max said in his post race interview... they cant run with their engines in qualy mode all race so sunday will be a completely different story. I would not at all be surprised to see Vettel leading the race after turn 2. This will be a very very interesting race. Based on the past 6 races starting on pole means next to nothing

iotar__

- A miracle, impossible to drive beast (for one driver and for 4 important Monaco laps) is no beast no more. Alarm of over the top excuses making including every possible car characteristics (tyres, chassis, brakes etc. see "team" thread for details) has been put on hold. You may close also the alarming "tyres affecting championship" :o made up on the spot thread.

- Second miracle - an "underdog" Mercedes is on pole.

PlatinumZealot

GPR-A wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 20:25
ringo wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
Say that again please!
If you use Bottas to talk of Mercedes, then you have to use Kimi to speak of Ferrari!
Ideal lap times.. Put Raikkonen in front of Bottas... And Vettel gains two tenths. Anyone have the sector times?

HAM: 1.11.459
VET: 1.11.589 (+0.130)
RAI: 1.12.056 (+0.597)
BOT: 1.12.123 (+0.664)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ringo

Sayis it all for me really, Ferrari is quietly confident their car will have the race pace. Qualy tricks cant be sustained for the whole race tomorrow.
I hope for a good clean race.
For Sure!!

Fifty
Fifty

What happened with Sainz and kyvat? He was complaining about something but I couldn't catch it.

TAG

Every time I watched a session this weekend the Ferrari were either sideways or about to be sideways... loving the confidence of some of the fans here, I couldn't be so sure.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत