2017 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps, 25-27 August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2017 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps, 25-27 August

Perez is a very, very, very dirty driver. First time he squeezed his team mate he got away with it, second time out he ruined both of their races. Not to mention he completed his overtake on Grosjean by taking a shortcut and not giving back the place. He should be further penalized for his actions.
Last edited by Shrieker on 27 Aug 2017, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

TAG

Juzh wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:10
As predicted ferrari has nothing on mercedes on the straight. Lucky hamilton.
He is lucky isn't he. Let's hope his luck as you put it keeps up. Vettel, must have been so unlucky given the advantage of US tires and a clean slate restart and Lewis lucky enough to be on the Soft compound. I just don't know how his luck keeps holding up.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Vanja #66

Shrieker wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:56
Perez is a very, very, very dirty driver. First time he squeezed his team mate he got away with it, second time out he ruined both of their races. Not to mention he completed his overtake on Grosjean by taking a shortcut and not giving back the place. He should be further penalized for his actions.
Perez was aggressive, but Ocon was going into the wedge both times, you can't expect anything else to happen...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sevach
Sevach

Great racing out front, perfect drive for Hamilton and that Mercedes engine.
Still great improvement by Ferrari.
Ricciardo has a knack to be the guy in the right place at the right time, a modern day Emerson Fittipaldi.
I'm surprised Raikkonen didn't eat him alive though, he even cleared some distance.
Alonso will not be in a Honda car next year i think.
Massa also sneaky good.

Why does Perez act like that whenever he sees Esteban?

GPR-A duplicate2

TAG wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:57
Juzh wrote:
He is lucky isn't he. Let's hope his luck as you put it keeps up. Vettel, must have been so unlucky given the advantage of US tires and a clean slate restart and Lewis lucky enough to be on the Soft compound. I just don't know how his luck keeps holding up.
There was nothing between Ferrari and Mercedes on same tyres and there was nothing between them on different compounds either, though Ferrari ran 2 compounds softer on 10 lap fuel!!! Amazing. :lol:

Perez's driving is going down the drain. Ocon has fast become a pain in the a** for Perez.

Manjhi
Manjhi

Thanks to SFI drivers for making the race little exciting for us, kudos to them.

I am surprised with Ric's pace on that RB, how Ferrari & Mercs couldn't overtake him ?

Checo is definitely frustrated and feeling a bit insecure with a young talented driver on his side, Checo has done this things before as well when he was racing for Mclaren and squeezed Button several times. Vijay is in dilemma currently whether to keep the $ 15 million arrogant driver or to sack him for someone who is sincere, young and fast.

ripper
ripper

Manjhi wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:03
I am surprised with Ric's pace on that RB, how Ferrari & Mercs couldn't overtake him ?
I guess it was down to problems to trail another car in S2.

dans79

Manjhi wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:03
Vijay is in dilemma currently whether to keep the $ 15 million arrogant driver or to sack him for someone who is sincere, young and fast.
He is somewhat lucky as they are so far ahead in the wcc standings. If the championship was closer Perez's driving could cost the team a lot more than 15 million.
197 104 103 7

Sevach
Sevach

GPR-A wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:01

Perez's driving is going down the drain. Ocon has fast become a pain in the a** for Perez.
The reputation he built after beating the highly rated Hulkenberg is going down the drain ridiculously fast and he has only himself to blame.
The fact that his showing himself to be an exceptional "not team player" also isn't going to endear himself to anyone.

Schumacher had a 10 place grid drop for what he did against Barrichello in Hungary back in 2010, right? Anything less than that will be ridiculous.

GPR-A duplicate2

At post race interview to Sky, Lewis says, he was on the wrong setting at the restart and hence it was close between them.

Moose
Moose

AnotherAlex wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:50
Juzh wrote:
It's the same as with Q3 - Mercedes can burn a bit more oil when they need to.
It was Ferrari with the extra oil tank, not Mercedes.

PlatinumZealot

Hamitlon said ferrari is the faster car. Interesting tactic he used to break sebastians drive into the tow! HAM didnt give full throttle out of the corner in order to compromise sebs drive into the skipstream. I felt he should have kept that one a secret!
Sebastian also confirming that his car is slightly faster than the Mercedes in the race. There you go folks!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NathanOlder

Its been nearly a decade, but it looks like Lewis will surely now get some team mate help in a title fight. Another Fin too.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

TAG

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 12:53
Schuttelberg wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 16:39
TAG wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 15:21

Ferrari had their number two driver do whatever was needed to get their number one driver up in the front row. Vettel has been slower than Kimi all weekend, they had to do something.
For all those who believe this conspiracy crap and pretend like Kimi is being wronged, he just renewed again for Ferrari. So, he either accepts his place or there is no such hierarchy which I believe is the case.

Bottom line is that Sebastian Vettel is by far the better driver.
WDC:

1- Vettel 202 points
2- Hamilton 188 points
5- Raikonnen 116 points

Ferrari has a #1 and #2, as any team would do with his drivers in these positions in the WDC. Doing any other thing would be utterly stupid.

It´s been the same forever, but some people can´t see through stereotypes, and keep thinking Ferrari provide TOs from first GP and the rest don´t :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anycase I must say Seb lap was asthonishing, or to be more precise, sector 3 was asthonishing, he made the record there and it caught by surprise anyone, including De la Rosa and Toni Cuquerella at the spanish TV, and they´re two guys who are barely suprised by anything in F1, so when I´ve read Seb got a tow at sector 3 everything got sense, it surely was noticeable

42.7, only 2 tenths off Lewis, it was unbelieveble, good job for both Ferrari drivers. It´s a pitty Kimi didn´t make a proper lap as he surely deserved a better grid postion
as any team would do? I guess you didn't watch last race in Hungary when Hamilton was asked to give his position back to Bottas. I think there's a lot of not seeing and the not seeing extends to denying that a guy with a faster car and clear number one status and and advantage with the better tires is unable to do the job that a guy that's asked to give points back to his team mate can do all on his own.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

TAG

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 16:43
Hamitlon said ferrari is the faster car. Interesting tactic he used to break sebastians drive into the tow! HAM didnt give full throttle out of the corner in order to compromise sebs drive into the skipstream. I felt he should have kept that one a secret!
Sebastian also confirming that his car is slightly faster than the Mercedes in the race. There you go folks!
It was a masterful defense, lovely racing all around. Pity that people tend to look the other way when it doesn't match the narrative.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत