Le Mans 24 hours 2009

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Le Mans 24 hours 2009

Im not gonna fight about it but afterall is kinda smart, no1 actually really undersadns what a wing and what isnt a wing anymore.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

WhiteBlue

dumrick wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:What kind of options do we have for race coverage by satellite TV and IPTV?
Eurosport is transmitting the race integrally in Eurosport International and Eurosport 2. If you can't access it, I believe they are transmitting also on the Internet in the Eurosport Player (which needs a subscription). On the USA, it will be diffused via SpeedTV, although I believe not integrally (but most of it).
Eurosport 2 is subscription only, which I have no access to. But it appears that the IPTV coverage can be accessed by subscribing for a month against a 5€ fee. I will check their download speed and see if that will work for me. If not SpeedTV may do it for me but I have experienced poor bandwidth in the past when I have received their signal here.

Edit: Eurosport stream with 1,2 Mbit/s which isn't exciting but tolerable.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 13 Jun 2009, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

dumrick
dumrick

modbaraban wrote:Image
It's hard to see any point in that nosecone now. Apart from crash safety.
Revising photos from last year and from Pescarolo's Peugeot, I realized that the lower side of the nose never fed the underbody, there's always been there a side-to-side vertical splitter.
Apparently, its only function has been always to get a bit more high pressure on the upper side of the diffuser (that, let's recall it, isn't wing-shaped). Also, notice the divergent positioning of the pillars, to avoid restricting the flow.

joseff

wesley123 wrote:...no1 actually really undersadns what a wing and what isnt a wing anymore.
And don't forget the "...sole purpose is to generate downforce..." bit. They can also argue it's exempt from the "2 aero devices" rule since the primary purpose of the flap is to mask the bottom A-arms, therefore it is not there "solely for downforce"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I don't follow the a/lms too closely, but I definately enjoy it quite a bit. Moreso the GT classes than the Prototypes though.

This image just blew me away. :shock:

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PNSD
PNSD

What amazes me is that on TV they look slow and easy to drive, both GT and LMP.

You have to remember though, the slowest of the cars are the GT2 spec.

These GT2 spec cars are no ordinary cars, they are supercars. But supercars with alot more engine power, alot more grip! And well do not even compare to their supercar counterparts.

You watch them, then you see an LMP go past like the GT car is standing still. Then it hits you, these GT cars are quicker than even the quickest roadcars about!

Scotracer
Scotracer

Well the GT2 cars don't really have much more power than the real-world counterparts. The F430 GT is probably 20-40BHP more than the road car.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

modbaraban
modbaraban

PNSD wrote:What amazes me is that on TV they look slow and easy to drive, both GT and LMP.

You have to remember though, the slowest of the cars are the GT2 spec.

These GT2 spec cars are no ordinary cars, they are supercars. But supercars with alot more engine power, alot more grip! And well do not even compare to their supercar counterparts.

You watch them, then you see an LMP go past like the GT car is standing still. Then it hits you, these GT cars are quicker than even the quickest roadcars about!
If anyone seen the 24h of Nurburgring a few weeks ago and its scary speeds... those oevrall winning cars were GT3! One class slower than the slowest LM cars!

ISLAMATRON

link to live timing anyone?

modbaraban
modbaraban

ISLAMATRON wrote:link to live timing anyone?
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pa ... os_gb.html
Doesn't work for me today ((

EDIT: works now

ISLAMATRON

thanks, i was trying that one, but now it finally works

modbaraban
modbaraban

Сheck this post for live feeds

:-$

Steven
Owner

It's fairly interesting so see how many F1 relatives are in thie year's Le Mans:

- Bruno Senna
- Nicolas Prost
- David Brabham

I think I forgot one too.

Anyway, Go Peugeot! #8 with Montagny and Sarrazin proves extremely quick.
It's very unfortunate that #7 had a puncture at the beginning of a lap early on in the race, initially dropping it down to 51st place. They're climbing back up now.

What happened to the Pescarolo Peugeot btw? They're 2 laps down and are on a very good pace.

bhall
bhall

With only one air wrench allowed over the white line at a time, some of these pit stops are pure artwork.

dumrick
dumrick

Tomba wrote:It's fairly interesting so see how many F1 relatives are in thie year's Le Mans:

- Bruno Senna
- Nicolas Prost
- David Brabham

I think I forgot one too.

Anyway, Go Peugeot! #8 with Montagny and Sarrazin proves extremely quick.
It's very unfortunate that #7 had a puncture at the beginning of a lap early on in the race, initially dropping it down to 51st place. They're climbing back up now.

What happened to the Pescarolo Peugeot btw? They're 2 laps down and are on a very good pace.
You forgot Leo Mansell! :)

The Pescarolo Peugeot has hit the #7 Peugeot in the pits, causing the puncture in the works car (Peugeot's crew fault, that let Lamy go, when the Pesca Pug was arriving, and the pits are side-by-side) and had to get some repairs in the front.