F1 tipped to return to Austria in 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: F1 tipped to return to Austria in 2014

i think Korea will be gone

i just wonder if Red Bull, being as its there circuit, will gain some sort of advantage? its a shot in the dark I know but worth the question.

sennafan24
sennafan24

I was going to say Bahrain, but that is meant to be tagged as the opener in 2014.

Korea may be a sound choice if you are a betting man to get the boot.

rssh

Didn't Bernie say last year that Korea has a deal of 5 years and will continue till 2015?

Rebull ring called nowdays is my 3rd favourite circuit I love the elevation drops , high speed corners and trick sector 3. I did like the proposed extention of the circuit too but lack of funds mean we have an unaltered historic racing track.

I don't really get why keep Monaco now from TV audience POV? I know history etc but racing is really boring except if some one is in the wall. I am all in for giving Hockenhiem a boot I don't like the circuit it has lost its soul in the new layout. The stadium section is great but with the old circuit people didn't really have high downforce setup and it was challenging then.

I wonder what will happen if in future Istanbul (my second fav track)and French Gp arrive.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Korea, India and China are all on the red list all due to customs in those countries. You need two weeks to get into those countries, and in the sake of India and Korea two weeks to get out.

Korea also has a 6.5 hour drive to the nearest airport in Soul that transports the logistics side and the human side of the teams into and out of the country. India each team sends 2 guys with every car as Indian Customs guys are notoriously picky.

I think that F1 has to go to China, as the 2 week income to the country is a good rest between it and Malaysia, and China and the Chinese want you out as fast as they can get you out, so they can go to another race from there.

Glad the A1 ring has returned, as its another short track on the calendar as we dont have enough sub 5Km tracks on the event list as most are 5+Km Tilkedromes.

I think the calendar will be following a more logical logistical path now as the teams have been pissed off with the constant too-ing and fro-ing from place A to place B whilst crossing place C and D. The teams are wanting to reduce their logistical effort and also reducing their logistics costs.

I think there will be 21 GP next year, the American GP i think will be on, but with a 2 week break in between them and Canada with Montreal hosting a F1 test as there wont be enough marshals in Europe as they need 12,000 for Le Mans to my numbers.

Its also good for the GP2 and GP3 guys as they get an additional European race as well, and possibly for GP2 a race in Montreal as well.

The F1 calendar list may eventually make sense. I miss Imola and Magney tho.

sennafan24
sennafan24

rssh wrote: I don't really get why keep Monaco now from TV audience POV? I know history etc but racing is really boring except if some one is in the wall.
Its the glamour race, the one celebs come to watch which gets the sport more mainstream coverage. Plus it has so much history, and seems to attract a big audience.

I do agree though, I could do without it.

stefan_
stefan_

If it was up to me, I would make a calendar with 25 races and only Brazil, Japan, Australia and USA/Malaysia (and maybe Singapore) being the away-from-Europe races. And I bet it would be OK with the teams also.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

WhiteBlue

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/ecclesto ... austria-gp

There is also some rumour that the 2014 Austrian GP will be a one of.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

lio007

nice find: virtual lap on the red bull ring
enjoy it: http://www.gpixs360.com/pois/map.php?ar ... pe=7&pf=13

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Sevach
Sevach

Is it confirmed that the layout remains the same?

Mika1
Mika1

sennafan24 wrote:
rssh wrote: I don't really get why keep Monaco now from TV audience POV? I know history etc but racing is really boring except if some one is in the wall.
Its the glamour race, the one celebs come to watch which gets the sport more mainstream coverage. Plus it has so much history, and seems to attract a big audience.

The celebs indeed, not the real fans, but I hope they won't remove some races. Atm 7 weeks and 1 race, so I hope that's going to change now.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Hail22

Mika1 wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:

The celebs indeed, not the real fans, but I hope they won't remove some races. Atm 7 weeks and 1 race, so I hope that's going to change now.
Easily sorted if the following were reinstated:

1. Turkish Grand Prix
2. Mexico Grand Prix
3. Argentinian Grand Prix

and possibly the return of the Portuguese Grand Prix?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

astracrazy
astracrazy

i still think we need one in somewhere like south africa

gandharva

The deal is that F1 will race in Austria at least until 2020. :)

iotar__

What happened, Mateschitz bought himself F1 race with a little help of his buddy Ecclestone? As if owning two teams that help each other (like in Brazil) wasn't enough of a sport pathology. BTW is there any other serious sport that has something like that?

I wonder if he was gifted a discount compared to India or Korea. Rejoice, crowds that can't fill up bankrupting German grand prix will rush to Austria now. All forty thousand of them maximum unless DM buys himself more. Enough for glamorous, global sport. As a further proof of F1's healthy financial model tickets will cover organisation but not race fee. For "purists": it's another Tilke track :cry: .