Hungarian GP 2009 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Hungarian GP 2009

dave34m wrote:Oh but he is that good
Actually he is better!... Look how he has developed that McLAren :wink: , if Alonso brought 6 tenths than Hamilton must have brought 6 full seconds :wink:

_____
_____

He still has a lot to prove to me to gain my respect. Right now, he is just a lucky driver with a great car last season (which he almost blew!) and a magic boost button this season.

dave34m
dave34m

But Alonso is God to some people, he cannot make mistakes.

The whole year (2007) was a setup. Mclaren paid millions to get Alonso in the team just so they could then support a rookie driver and embarrass him.

dave34m
dave34m

Lucky Driver, yeah right.
2 years in F1, second in first year by 1 point and winner in his second year. Yeah real lucky

ISLAMATRON

_____ wrote:He still has a lot to prove to me to gain my respect. Right now, he is just a lucky driver with a great car last season (which he almost blew!) and a magic boost button this season.
because he would trade his WDC & 10 wins(11 actually) for your respect, he might even throw in that gorgeous girlfriend of his.

I bet you that he for damn sure has Alonso 's respect... thats why Alonso ran back to renault, because in equal equipment he couldnt beat him

PlatinumZealot

_____ wrote: Sorry, Hamilton is a guy who let Seb Vettel overtake him in an STR in the closing laps of the Brazilian GP last year when the championship was on the line. I really don't understand the hype for Hamilton. Without his sugar daddy Ron Dennis at the helm, you can see how horrible his season has been.
Yes =D> You got it right... Hamilton LET Vettel pass in Brazil.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ISLAMATRON

n smikle wrote:
_____ wrote: Sorry, Hamilton is a guy who let Seb Vettel overtake him in an STR in the closing laps of the Brazilian GP last year when the championship was on the line. I really don't understand the hype for Hamilton. Without his sugar daddy Ron Dennis at the helm, you can see how horrible his season has been.
And Webber LET Lewis pass today :wink:

And how horrible has Alonso's season been with his sugar daddy Flav by his side?

Pure comedy I tell you.

Ray

ISLAMATRON wrote:
n smikle wrote:
And Webber LET Lewis pass today :wink:

And how horrible has Alonso's season been with his sugar daddy Flav by his side?

Pure comedy I tell you.
You're quite hilarious yourself

Terrible3
Terrible3

I love how the moment LH wins a race everyone is so quick to shoot him down. Regardless of his blistering KERS start, he drove brilliantly. He made short work of Webber and then wheeled in Alonso despite the massive fuel load difference. Once in front he clearly controlled the race.

Everyone seems to be giving the credit of his performance to the KERS system on his car. I think a lot of you are forgetting the fact that they have less ballast options due to the added weight. Its not like the DDD, there are some pros and cons with running a KERS system.

There was so much talk going into this race that the Brawns would be back on top since they " run better in the hot." Clearly they were off the pace, just as they have been off in the British GP. Is JB time in the sunshine already over? Perhaps not... personally I hope it is. Championship wise, he still has the upper hand as Redbull not only have to race Brawn, but now Mcl, Ferrari and perhaps Williams.

andartop
andartop

Terrible3 wrote:There was so much talk going into this race that the Brawns would be back on top since they " run better in the hot." Clearly they were off the pace, just as they have been off in the British GP. Is JB time in the sunshine already over? Perhaps not... personally I hope it is. Championship wise, he still has the upper hand as Redbull not only have to race Brawn, but now Mcl, Ferrari and perhaps Williams.
I can't see why some people are still shocked when a WDC gets a car that's actually good enough for a win and wins! LH is a good driver. Give him a good car and he can win. Give him a crap car and, well, you know. Simple as that!

Now, can we go back to things that haven't already been discussed to death?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

modbaraban
modbaraban

andartop wrote:Now, can we go back to things that haven't already been discussed to death?
What a bright idea!

Does anyone know what happened during Kimi's second pitspo when he lost about 7-8 seconds failng to drive away? The revs went up several times but the car didn't move at all (didn't look like anti-stall).

paused

Terrible3 wrote: There was so much talk going into this race that the Brawns would be back on top since they " run better in the hot." Clearly they were off the pace, just as they have been off in the British GP. Is JB time in the sunshine already over? Perhaps not... personally I hope it is. Championship wise, he still has the upper hand as Redbull not only have to race Brawn, but now Mcl, Ferrari and perhaps Williams.
And their lies the conudrum. It all depends on which side of the divide RBR and Brawn sit. If RBR continue to race near the front and gain podiums, while Brawn contine to fight only for a few points, then the lead will be gone in 4 races time. I expect that RBR will also pick it's title driver after the next 2 races. If MW remains in front on Vettel by beating him at least once and not losing too many points on the other, you figure the will line up behind him for the final 5 events. Last thing they would want to do is blow it by having their drivers take each other out.

Shaddock

nudger wrote:
Ray wrote:
jonathan189 wrote:Anyone else notice Webber actually recorded the fastest lap?
KERS. It has destroyed the racing this year in my opinion. Yes Lewis won by a big margin but without KERS he probably wouldn't be where he is. The fact that McLaren need it to be competitive show just how good the Red Bull is. This was a one off race for McLaren and Ferrari. The usual suspects will be back at the front sooner rather than later. It's also funny to me that when Lewis wins in lucky circumstances, with a hefty dose of improvements and great driving, it's because he's so good. But when Alonso smokes the field in both Fuji and Singapore, after a safety car yes but he was untouched the rest of the way, it's mere luck. :roll: F1s problem is it's fans, not the racing.
jeeze, the very last bit i absolutely agree with
Webber had the fastest lap but wasn't consistent at all, as the Red Bull was harder on it's tyres. The McLarens were quick in Germany, quick here, and will probably be quick in Spain. I can see a few more podiums for LH and HK in the near future.

jonathan189
jonathan189

dave34m wrote:The whole year (2007) was a setup. Mclaren paid millions to get Alonso in the team just so they could then support a rookie driver and embarrass him.
An expensive prank... but let's be honest, it was pretty funny. :lol:

Gonner
Gonner

I don't want to bring back the traditionnal Ferrari boys vs Hamilton fans clash, but can you explain me why :

1) Kimi didn't get any penalty for what he did in Germany.
2) Why this " investigation " ( the question whether stewards really do investigate when it comes to red cars will likely be asked later... ) and the Nurburg one occured after the race.

Even if you believe Kimi was " in his right " both times, why those stewards would investigate after the race an event that occured at the first corner ?

It didn't take them too much time to give a " drive through present " to Webber two weeks ago...
Last edited by Gonner on 27 Jul 2009, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.