Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zgred

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

:wtf: #-o =D> :lol:

Vasco

Wow!!

chasefreak
chasefreak

i missed quali
i want to see this
FIF1 1st ever pole
i so love it
may the force be with u

timbo
timbo

If I haven't watched it I'd thought I'm drunk)))
What a season!

jddh1

bravo Fisi =D>

StrFerrari4Ever

I'm shellshocked that was so amazing best Qualifying session of all time probably no-one was safe and Force India are superfast. Fisichella brilliant driving sticks it on pole and it's just a good day for F1 this shows how entertaining F1 can be I mean 5 Tenths covering the top 9 cars in Q3 just breathtaking

vyselegend

:o Most unpredictable dry qualyfying result ever IMO.

Anyway, congratulation to all these "outsiders" (especially Fisi), they spanked hard the top teams... =D>

One think that comes to mind, as a possible explaination for this result, is that teams such as FI, Toyota (particulary), and BMW have worked on qualifying pace steadily, while top teams were too confident of their raw pace and prefered once again to work for the race. Now they can regret.

But if they really are better prepared for the race, it could be interesting. With most of the faster drivers starting from behind, we can look forward to some good overtaking. Remember Hungary 2006 with ALonso & Schu eating the field from their 14th & 15th positions...

Only way to have an even less predictable result is to put Badoer P1 alongside Fisi :twisted:

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I could not read that session, at all. Brawn in the hands of Rubens is good, but Jenson, very poor.

Congratulations to Fisi and Force India, those guys deserve some good this season. Also Toyota and BMW Sauber.

Im thinking that when it comes to the race, we could be talking about a race that is totally out of the blue. Freak results up and down the grid, but good for the sport, i say a resounding YES.

I think that at Monza, we will have Fisi in a red car, dependant on his performance tomorrow, so far hs is in there.

Next to look for, the fuel weights, as i think that Rubens could get second or third tomorrow.
Last edited by ESPImperium on 29 Aug 2009, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

jddh1

...And Bernie still wants the MEDALs system? What an idiot.

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

cool Qualifying, This time the 2009 broke the lap record of the track!
(1:44:503 in Q2 vs 1:44:701 in FP2 in 2004)

And we saw some cars taking 5g's at the raidillon!

sunny1304
sunny1304

i think either trulli or barichello will win the race.

Though i want kimi to win but i guess 2nd or 3rd is the best he can do.

i am sure FI is light on fuel...so is BMW.

BUT congratulations to FI...today they looked like a top team.

Moanlower

roost89 wrote:
Badoer has the fastest speed in the speed trap a full 10k faster than Kimi who's 3rd fastest so far. 324 to 314km/h. Sutil in 2nd is only 315km/h. Why the big difference?
I think that happened when he got a tow from Vettel going through eau rouge and raidillon. Instead of keeping a gap he probably was so desperate to gain the time he was looking for by that tow. It was quite obvious from the beginning that he just wasn't good enough. The difference was too big, even if you bare in mind that he needed some time to settle in.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Congrats Fisi. Congrats Force India and the former Jordan boys =D>

Wow @ Q2 times - these 2009 cars are flying.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Badoer got a good tow from one of the red bulls which accounts for the speed difference.

vasia
vasia

Wow, amazing qualifying! Valencia was so boring I did not even watch it.

I love how people have been making all these assumptions for the past few races, and these results throw those assumptions out the window.

Just like I predicted earlier in the season, Red Bull is CLEARLY suffering from reliability issues. It is not the fault of the Renault engine, because the Renault cars have been fine engine-wise. Vettel lost two engines last week, and now Webber loses an engine this week. The rest of the season does not look too good for Red Bull.

Great job by FI and Fisi. Clearly it was a low fuel Alonso-style stunt lap, but good job nonetheless. Fisi's Q2 time shows FI is competitive this weekend. Also good job by Sutil, even if he was outshined.

Best qualifying of the season for BMW, way to go. They are likely on lower fuel than some of the others though.

Putting Badoer into a Ferrari continues to look like a horrible decision and Ferrari must be embarrassed. The only thing funnier would be if they actually keep him in the car for Monza only for the team to face a mob of angry fans. Also let's face it, the main reason they gave this chance to Badoer is because he is Italian. Gene would have been a better choice from the beginning.

For all those saying that Toyota has lost it, what do you have to say now? Trulli was the fastest in Q2, and his Q2 time broke the Spa lap record! Also Toyota most of the weekend was doing heavy fuel runs; because of this, not only is Trulli a danger man, Glock in 7th looks dangerous, especially for the cars around him. Toyota has had pretty good race pace over the past several races, they have simply had bad qualifying pace. The Sector 2 times are very strong for both Toyota cars.

Renault nowhere once again, as is McLaren and Toro Rosso. Williams really struggled, and Red Bull are off the pace here surprisingly. Button was horrible, great job by Barrichello to make the Top 5.

Kimi is always a danger man at this track, and in 6th he could finish well. The only thing is that KERS here is not as big of an advantage as some have claimed. Hamilton admitted that KERS is not helping them that much at all on this track.

For the race win, I think (without seeing the fuel levels yet) either Trulli, Barrichello, or Raikkonen have the best chances.