Italian GP 2009 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mazdaboy

Re: Italian GP 2009 - Monza

HI!

I think everyone who can use the KERS in Monza, have a big advantage in the first sector, after the first chicane, because the acceleration with the KERS is better in the lower rpm.
The Force India always setup the car for the straights (thanks the strong Mercedes engine), so they have also a big advantage for the win in Monza.
I hope, we see a Ferrari-Force India battle in this fast circuit!
Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

ds.raikkonen

Mazdaboy wrote:..I hope, we see a Ferrari-Force India battle in this fast circuit!
Watch out for the RBRs coming through too...Vettel might pull of something at Monza.But, the reliability issues have left him struggling, lets see what happens. This year's Italian GP will NOT be a procession, thats for sure.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Sawtooth-spike

I do worry for the Renault engines. If they are gonna go then this is the race it will happen. If Vettel Loses another one his run at button might be over.

I am sure we will hear from the Press that "This is a pivotel race or Button and Brawn" again as we have for the last 3 races. He does need a good result not only for his championship run but for his confidance.

I think we are gonna see a KERS car win and i think it will be silver.

But i would love to see one of the FI guys win, mainly cus they have worked so hard!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

PNSD
PNSD

*wrong thread*

wesley123
wesley123

I personally think(although a bit of hope) that the red bulls will retire, here the car is in highest revs for more then 60% of the lap, and with the bad cooling(they really aimed it on low ambient temperatures) they have a rpetty high risk of blowing the renault engines, then the world title is simply over as i believe it is their last engines for both or vettel already is going to use his 9th engine.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

sunny1304
sunny1304

rain is expected this weekend :evil:

may be we will not get the chance that what really KERS can do in monza.

axle
axle

Wesley123: Vettel will use his 8th at Monza.
His 9th and resulting penalty will come later in the year.

I too think the RedBull may suffer; either the aero will be compromised for cooling or the engine will struggle with the loads.

I can't fathom the Brawn car...can't decide if it's quick enough in a straight line to challenge the likes of BMW/FI/McLaren/Ferrari in a straight line.
- Axle

wesley123
wesley123

Vettel will surely use his 9th, so you cans tate his chanpionship is gone as he gets a penalty(every race he uses the 9th engine?) so he starts in midfield, then it is almost impossible to get a good result. I expect a really cut open red bull as they have to save the engine as much as possible, if they blow it here Vettel will use 10 engines for sure.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

axle
axle

His 8th is brand new!!!
Take a look at the engine use chart in the engines section.

Rain would be fun....again :)
- Axle

sunny1304
sunny1304

I dont think rain would be fun because Monza is all about high speed . If rain then we will miss the fight between KERS and NON-KERS battle.

ds.raikkonen

Sawtooth-spike wrote:...I think we are gonna see a KERS car win and i think it will be silver.
Nah...it ll be Rosso, or perhaps a tri-colored one 8) good to see you back Spike, long time eh?
sunny1304 wrote:I dont think rain would be fun because Monza is all about high speed . If rain then we will miss the fight between KERS and NON-KERS battle.
I think you should look at last year's race and decide. It was the best Italian GP I have ever seen, no procession.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

sunny1304
sunny1304

ds.raikkonen wrote:
sunny1304 wrote:I dont think rain would be fun because Monza is all about high speed . If rain then we will miss the fight between KERS and NON-KERS battle.
I think you should look at last year's race and decide. It was the best Italian GP I have ever seen, no procession.
you got me wrong. Last year everyone was on the same ground. But this year it will be KERS and NON-KERS car.

if rain either red bull or brawn will win for sure as we have seen how good they are in rain prior to others.

but if not rain then there will be a chance for ferrari mclaren also alongside with RBR and BGP ..

Super racing
Super racing

McLaren seem to be running a lot more rear wing than any other team, still the fastest in P1 though.

PlatinumZealot

This track belongs to the BOSS this weekend.

He has the best line through the chicanes and Parabolica.. It is going to be an easy win for the #1 driver!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sunny1304
sunny1304

n smikle wrote:This track belongs to the BOSS this weekend.

He has the best line through the chicanes and Parabolica.. It is going to be an easy win for the #1 driver!
are you sure that you are not dreaming :?: