Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Damon Hill to be driver steward at Monaco! That will probably mean a lot of work on Saturday when the worst qualifying of the year is looming.
FiA wrote:Damon Hill, Member of the Order of the British Empire, FIA Formula One World Champion (1996) and President of the British Racing Drivers Club.
In the early eighties Damon Hill began racing motorcycles. He proceeded to compete in single-seater racing car and Formula Ford competitions in 1984. Progressing to Formula Three in 1986, he won three races and began competing in Formula 3000 in 1989. In 1989 he competed at Le Mans for Richard Lloyd Racing.
Mr Hill became involved in Formula One in 1991, testing for the Williams team whilst still competing in Formula 3000 events. In 1992 he became a driver for the Brabham BMW Formula One team and continued testing for Williams during this time. In 1993 he joined Williams Formula One as a full time driver winning three Grands Prix in 1993 and accumulating a total of 22 Grands Prix wins whilst with the team. In 1996 Mr Hill won the FIA Formula One World Championship with Williams, he moved to the Arrows Formula One team the following year. He subsequently moved to Jordan Formula One in 1998, giving the team its first Grand Prix win the same year. Mr Hill retired from Formula One in 1999 and he is the only son of a previous FIA Formula One World Champion, the late Graham Hill, to have won the FIA Formula One World Champion title.
In 2005 he tested GP2 series cars and in 2006 took part in the Grand Prix Masters, racing a single seated car at Silverstone.
In 2006, he became President of the British Racing Drivers' Club, succeeding Sir Jackie Stewart. He received an Honorary Fellowship from the University of Northampton in recognition of his motor racing achievements. He was awarded the Segrave* Trophy by the Royal Automobile Club of the United Kingdom in 1996. Mr Hill received an OBE* in 1997.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ISLAMATRON

WhiteBlue wrote:
Henning wrote:I wonder how many times the words "Schumacher" and "Rascasse" are going to be mentioned in the same sentence this weekend?
I thought Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde were impertinent and rude with their questions at the Merc livery launch in January and felt that this would be the end. Guess what? A sick asshole (David Croft) dished it up again today at a Mercedes press conference.
adamcooperf1.com wrote:Schumacher was initially asked if he had any regrets about the incident, not least because it potentially cost him the World Championship.

“I guess it didn’t, but it doesn’t change as well if we get back into it, because we’re now in 2010.”

Pressed on the matter, he said: “I had great fun in the race, I have to say. Coming from last, and going through the field, I think I finished fifth. That was good fun.”

Reminded that Saturday had been a low point of his career, he blamed the media, “You made it – some of you guys. I mean, let’s look forward and not backwards.”

When Croft asked whether Michael would so the same thing again to guarantee pole, he said: “You’re boring…”

Finally he was asked if there was any reason why he was not able to say sorry for what happened. “I mean you can keep trying absolutely, but we’re not talking about 2006 anymore. There’s enough said I don’t feel that I need to go any deeper into it…”
How sick is this? Croft had plenty of opportunity to ask questions for the five months that Schumacher continued his carreer in 2006. There is nothing the public has not been informed about the Rascasse incident in every facet. This has no purpose but to embarrass Mercedes GP and Schumacher and cater to the lowly sentiments of bigots and haters. Nobody needs sh!t thrown at the fan that is four years old. I hope Croft will come to Hockenheim and walk the camp ground there by night. Perhaps he can have an in depth interview how the fans feel about such a wanker as he is. It would do him a lot of good for sure.

I think the media has every right to question MS about, especially since he refuses to acknowledge it and refuses to apologize. It has nothing to do with MERCGP, except for the fact that they hired him, so they should not feel embarassed.

Maybe after years to think about it MS could feel differently(doesnt seem like it) and would take advanatge of the oppurtunity to apologize to the fans...but that seems unlikely. HE still rather duck the questions.

Maybe the Media are looking for that 1 moment MS realizes he can not escape it and it would be best to man up... Kinda like Nixon in those interviews after he left office.

I really dont see why it bothers you so much, maybe if they were bring up the Hill& JV collisions, yes that is surely old news, but Rascasses is still alot of people's last most vivid memory of MS... and I think he should be asked about it until he finally apologizes, just as Alonso should be asked about Singapore 08 until he at least admits it was not a valid win.

Pandamasque

Last edited by Steven on 16 May 2010, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Calling other members names is not allowed. Obviously.

ISLAMATRON

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/05/12/schu ... questions/

A good read

And good insight into why fans think that MS should still be questioned about Rascasse

WhiteBlue

Panda,I care a flying fock what you call Michael Schumacher because that is your opinion, but I will not tolerate calling me names.

So you feel that Schumacher owes you a personal apology? Don't be ridiculous. The stewards found he messed up, they penalized him and that's it. If the fans need an apology every time a sports person does not agree with a penalty we would be getting nowhere. This is nothing but a vendetta by the British media who know that the bigots all over the world lick up their slimy runs. If anybody could be concerned it would be Alonso but he has long ago made his peace with Schumacher and forgiven him for the incident. For me this is simply over. Any additional emotional and personal references do not belong in a 2010 thread. It would be best if the moderators stop the personal abuse and transfer further such posts to the yin yang. Write a PM if you feel compelled to continue this puerile debate.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 13 May 2010, 05:22, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/05/12/schu ... questions/

A good read

And good insight into why fans think that MS should still be questioned about Rascasse
I don't find any fan opinion in this write up. Cooper has the same biased opinion as some other British journos. How come that neither French nor Finnish or Italian media ever pick this shite up? It is always the same bunch. They simply love to play in the dirt and demonstrate their power to annoy.

djos

I'm no shumi fan but seriously why are tabloid journos bringing up 4 year old garbage again?????
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

WhiteBlue wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/05/12/schu ... questions/

A good read

I don't find any fan opinion in this write up. Cooper has the same biased opinion as some other British journos. How come that neither French nor Finnish or Italian media ever pick this shite up? It is always the same bunch. They simply love to play in the dirt and demonstrate their power to annoy.
The Fans opinions are in the comments... Biased or not MS has never owned up to what he did, and I for one think he should be hounded on it until he does.
djos wrote:I'm no shumi fan but seriously why are tabloid journos bringing up 4 year old garbage again?????
Maybe because it is his first return to the scene of the crime.

andartop
andartop

I don't see any point in something like that..
If so, should we have questions about the liegate every time we have the Australian GP, about the crashgate in Singapore, about the spygate every, well, a couple of races...? Adding up all the posts available on these "incidents" in this forum alone one can get a read longer than a phone book, which is way more than is needed in my view...

Still, I thought it was funny, to say the least, when Schumi commented on the decision not to split Q1 in two sessions: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83554
:lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

WhiteBlue

ISLAMATRON wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:I don't find any fan opinion in this write up. Cooper has the same biased opinion as some other British journos. How come that neither French nor Finnish or Italian media ever pick this shite up? It is always the same bunch. They simply love to play in the dirt and demonstrate their power to annoy.
The Fans opinions are in the comments... Biased or not MS has never owned up to what he did, and I for one think he should be hounded on it until he does.
Ok, thanks for pointing this out. I read the comments. There are also many fans who share my opinion that this is inappropriate.

Why don't you answer my question about the nationality of the press men who continue this useless crusade? Let me assure you that the need to humiliate a perceived wrong doer is as noble as the soul of the mob at Tyburn in the eighteenth century. The rest of the world has got over the pleasures of watching such a sorry spectacle.

My personal view is that Schumacher is a great man. Like other great men - I'm thinking of Senna, Churchill or Enzo Ferrari - he also has his faults. History has rendered a judgement about the Rascasse incident in 2006 and I have agreed with the steward's decision to punish him from the day he did it. As andartop pointed out we do not usually cook up every scandal when we return to the race venue where it took place. We did not do it to Senna and Prost in press conferences in Japan, and the same should apply to Schumi in Monaco.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 13 May 2010, 07:56, edited 4 times in total.

Remote_Access
Remote_Access

Pandamasque wrote:WhiteBlue, your blind love towards Shoey never ceases to amaze. Unfortunately he will be remembered not only as the most successful driver of all time but equally as a cheating German having been cheating and caught cheating countless times. That is a fact.
You must be a complete idiot if you call David Croft a sick asshole. Why don't you post the whole conversation and we'll see who's the sick cheating asshole not able to admit mistakes and f-ing apologise for tarnishing the sport that feeds him. After he does that some of us may consider stop mentioning those unfortunate events of blatant cheating.
I hope Croft will come to Hockenheim and walk the camp ground there by night. Perhaps he can have an in depth interview how the fans feel about such a wanker as he is. It would do him a lot of good for sure.
Now that I've read that tripe to the end, I think you should be locked up away from the civilized human beings, and of course the internet. I do hope Hockenhiem will not be full of apes with crap for brain.
Dude, you gotta remember to take your pills!

Remote_Access
Remote_Access

ISLAMATRON wrote: The Fans opinions are in the comments... Biased or not MS has never owned up to what he did, and I for one think he should be hounded on it until he does.
And what will any of that achieve?

MS was the best because he was ruthless. Sometimes he got away with and sometimes (many times) he was sanctioned. Asking him to apologise is a pointless waste of time. It's you do-gooders that would ruin the sport if you had your way.

jon-mullen

WhiteBlue wrote:The stewards found he messed up, they penalized him and that's it. If the fans need an apology every time a sports person does not agree with a penalty we would be getting nowhere. [...] If anybody could be concerned it would be Alonso but he has long ago made his peace with Schumacher and forgiven him for the incident. For me this is simply over.
Alonso fan boi say +1 let's move on.

Anyone else feels like they need some closure for the incident, go back and look at Schumi's face after the driver's meeting that weekend, it's pretty clear he knew what he'd done.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

thestig84
thestig84

The new curb at the swimming pool! Looks like it might create a bit of trouble this weekend!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Practice is on.

Vettel has a cool helmet top design...

Am going to request a shoutout for the F1technical gang!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM