British Racing Partnership
|Based in: London|
Founded: 1959 (active 1963-1964)
Principal: Alfred Moss, Ken Gregory
British Racing Partnership was formed by Stirling Moss's father and manager and was originally designed to be a vehicle for Stirling to go racing. In 1959 the team ran Formula 2 Cooper-Borgwards and a single F1 BRM which was destroyed in Herrman's spectacular crash at the Avus circuit in Berlin.
BRP then switched to running Coopers with help from Yeoman Credit before switiching to UDT-Laystall Lotus 24s
BRP opted for their own car 'designed' by Tony Robinson. It was little more than a thick-skinned Lotus 25. The first car appeared in 1963 driven by Innes Ireland who managed to win a minor race with it in 1964. Grand Prix success was limited with two fourth and two fifth places - all scored by Ireland.
BRP then built a pair of unsuccessful Indianapolis cars for 1965 and eventually closed down in 1966 after a planned F1 project was scrapped.
|Car designation||Race years|
|BRP 1||1963 - 1964|