Gilby Engineering Ltd
|Based in: Ongar|
Founded: 1953 (active 1961-1963)
Principal: Sid Green
Syd Greene and his Gilby Engineering Company from Ongar entered and raced many cars in the 1950s. From 1960 the company decided to build its own single seaters with son Keith as the main driver.
A Climax- engined car was built in 1960, followed by a BRM V8 version in 1962. Keith drove the car to some good results in national competitions and finished 15th in the 1961 British Grand Prix, When the company was wound up in 1962 the car was sold to Ian Raby who raced it in a number of minor events during 1963.
|Car designation||Race years|
|Gilby||1961 - 1963|