2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Re: 2017 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal, 9-11 June

Raikkonen made a fairly substantial error into T1/T2, so the relative pace of Ferrari (both drivers) indicates they should be competitive during the race, with Vettel having a decent chance to fight for the win.

If Hamilton leads off the grid, and if Mercedes tyre management isn't corrected, this could make for a great race.

That qualifying lap from Hamilton was on another level though. If he doesn't DNF, I'd be surprised if he doesn't win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmsQMR6KUNE]

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

justmoi wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 10:45
Both of Sebastians fastest laps he was actually making up time in S3, which has the longest straight of the circuit (full power) and the start finish straights if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't really scream to me that Ferrari are that much down on power to Mercedes
Remember that Hamilton had a lock up on that last lap just before that straight on his fastest lap. That would have him down on speed and compromised for that full straight.
Vettel however came out if that corner IIRC clean.

Andres125sx

What an exciting qualifying!! :D

Those final laps from Lewis were brutal, but Ferrari was there, the race will be very interesting

I almost cry with Hamilton hanging Senna helmet for the crowd while returing to the pitlane, what a special moment :cry: :-D :cry: :-D
Last edited by Andres125sx on 11 Jun 2017, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

Fifty wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 23:01
What happened with Sainz and kyvat? He was complaining about something but I couldn't catch it.
After first attempt Kvyat was ahead of Sainz, but while on second Sainz, who started the lap later than Daniil was beating Kvyat times, until Kvyat hitted the wall and caused a yellow flag wich ruined Carlos lap so Daniil will start ahead of Sainz.

Nothing to complain really, but I understand Sainz frustration, he said he couldn´t make one single fast lap, not even in first attempt, because of yellow flags

Andres125sx

Mattchu

You can have all the money in the world but a gift such as the above is something money can`t really buy. Really nice of Sennas` neice to do this, maybe she took some nudging from the new F1 management team, whatever the case great gesture and Lewis really seemed gobsmacked...

The qualy once again showed that some drivers are x% above their team mates when it comes to getting that superb lap and also that some of the newer drivers are pretty hopeless to be honest! Think the race is to close to call and some "other" factor could influence the end result...

Wynters
Wynters

Fifty wrote:
What happened with Sainz and kyvat? He was complaining about something but I couldn't catch it.
I believe he had been asked to give Kvyat a tow (and had done so) but hadn't received one in return.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Also, that Qualification run was amazing. Senna-esque, for real - but at the same time i must say, WOW to Vettel.
He actually made an error - multiple if i recall right - and was still abnormally close to Lewis. "IF" he hadn't made those errors, he would have beaten him actually.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

AMG.Tzan

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 14:47
Also, that Qualification run was amazing. Senna-esque, for real - but at the same time i must say, WOW to Vettel.
He actually made an error - multiple if i recall right - and was still abnormally close to Lewis. "IF" he hadn't made those errors, he would have beaten him actually.
On his last lap he didn't make any errors...so no...no way he would have found 0.3 secs! Hamilton was on another level yesterday!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

PlatinumZealot

Andres125sx wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 11:59
Fifty wrote:
After first attempt Kvyat was ahead of Sainz, but while on second Sainz, who started the lap later than Daniil was beating Kvyat times, until Kvyat hitted the wall and caused a yellow flag wich ruined Carlos lap so Daniil will start ahead of Sainz.

Nothing to complain really, but I understand Sainz frustration, he said he couldn´t make one single fast lap, not even in first attempt, because of yellow flags
Sainz was providing slip stream for danny for a lap or two laps and Danny was supposed to return the favour... But he didnt and the team did nothing about it. That definitely would pis a driver off.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
Qualifying is about not making errors ;-) i posted the ideal times.. Vettel should be within 1.5 tenths at the most if he had done better laps. Hamilton gap to fast teammates can easily be over three tenths in Cananda so there was not much Vettel could have done to get pole even if he was perfect.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

AMG.Tzan wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 14:50
Manoah2u wrote:
On his last lap he didn't make any errors...so no...no way he would have found 0.3 secs! Hamilton was on another level yesterday!
ah yes, i was speaking about that marginal difference in the earlier lap where Lewis first broke the track record for Canada. Indeed forgot that he then improved that record lap by a whopping 3 tenths is absolutely on another level.

This will give Mercedes' morale a good boost. Let's hope he'll actually win the GP. I want this to be exciting till the last race.

godlameroso

I'm pretty sure he's going to win this race, he has unfinished business with Baku, he's not great around Red Bull Ring, but we'll see. He needs to beat Vettel in the next 3 races to get back in the championship. Ferrari needs to maximize it's opportunities while the car is this competitive, and Vettel has done a good job so far.
Saishū kōnā

TAG

Mattchu wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 13:35
You can have all the money in the world but a gift such as the above is something money can`t really buy. Really nice of Sennas` neice to do this, maybe she took some nudging from the new F1 management team, whatever the case great gesture and Lewis really seemed gobsmacked...
Probably not much nudging.
Senna's niece Bianca Senna said that her uncle would have been only too happy, if he had still been alive today, to have presented the helmet himself to Hamilton.

"We've known for many years that Lewis is a big fan of my uncle's - he's actually an official Ayrton Senna Institute ambassador, supporting our actions that promote a better education for Brazilian children," she said.

"Just like Ayrton, he always share his accomplishments with his fans.

"Our family is very happy with his achievements and I'm sure Ayrton would be in Montreal to deliver this special gift, absolutely happy in seeing his record being equalled by a driver as talented as Lewis is."
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत