European GP 2009 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
The Local Ride

Re: European GP 2009 - Valencia

ISLAMATRON

Rubens with almost 10kg more fuel on board, should be a good 3-4 laps worth.

Vettle kinda light, might drop a couple places after the first pit stops. And that blown Engine almost ends his WDC hopes.

But anything can happen with alot more rookies in the field then even last week.

Just a Wow for Badoer.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Brawn cars are the ones to beat then.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

Scotracer wrote:Brawn cars are the ones to beat then.
Not even close, McLaren have this easily in hand, driving behind the McLarens, Rubans will probably destroy his tires enough that he will have to come in earlier than his fuel will dictate. And with the KERS he can not leapfrog them at the start and will not be able to pass them in the race.

Scotracer
Scotracer

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Scotracer wrote:Brawn cars are the ones to beat then.
Not even close, McLaren have this easily in hand, driving behind the McLarens, Rubans will probably destroy his tires enough that he will have to come in earlier than his fuel will dictate. And with the KERS he can not leapfrog them at the start and will not be able to pass them in the race.
I was merely talking about which is the fastest car. Typically "the car to beat" is the fastest one...?
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

bhall
bhall

Luca, Luca, Luca, Luca... #-o

Giblet
Giblet

I don't understand why teams are so keen on copying the humps on the top of the redbull chassis nose.

As far as I knew, they were just there to accommodate the high suspension mount points. Is there any great benefit to having them on the Ferrari when the pickup points have not moved?

EDIT: I saw on the main page the Ferrari nose bulge write up, answering my question.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

The FOZ
The FOZ

bhallg2k wrote:Luca, Luca, Luca, Luca... #-o
He's got a mountain ahead of him, and is coming into this situation with every disadvantage imaginable.

But he's got Schumi and the team behind him, and, one would hope, the support of the fans.

I wish him the very best, and can't fault him in the least.

After all, he's getting to race in F1 again. Who wouldn't take such an opportunity?

ISLAMATRON

Scotracer wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Not even close, McLaren have this easily in hand, driving behind the McLarens, Rubans will probably destroy his tires enough that he will have to come in earlier than his fuel will dictate. And with the KERS he can not leapfrog them at the start and will not be able to pass them in the race.
I was merely talking about which is the fastest car. Typically "the car to beat" is the fastest one...?

Even still I think the McLaren's are ultimately faster because of these points...

myurr wrote:
hulmerist wrote:@ roost - remember both hamilton and kovi were on better laps at the end, kovi messed his up, hamilton didn't need to finish his
On top of that Hamilton only did 1 run in Q1 and Q2 so could have potentially gone faster still. McLaren may be a lap or two lighter to ensure their good qualifying positions, but I think they'll be pretty similar. The important thing is going to be tyre wear in the race. If Brawn are on top of their problems then maybe they've got their excellent tyre wear rates back, otherwise they could cook their tyres really quickly.

hulmerist

also since they're lighter and obviously quicker they're probably going to be able to save some fuel during the race

this one is over in terms of the winner, rubens/button seem the best of the rest

modbaraban
modbaraban

bhallg2k wrote:Luca, Luca, Luca, Luca... #-o
I was watching that and thinking, that could be Michael! The sheer thought of such dramatic failure must have caused MS his neck pain.

ds.raikkonen

Dear lord, what a disastrous qualy for poor Luca....an italian driving for an italian team! He s gonna have a sleepless night for sure.
Good lap by Kimi in the end and by Heikki too, only if the last corner went well, LH could ve been easily P2. We ll see who makes the best out of the situation. Kimi will have something up his sleeve.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Giblet
Giblet

ds.raikkonen wrote:Dear lord, what a disastrous qualy for poor Luca....an italian driving for an italian team! He s gonna have a sleepless night for sure.
Good lap by Kimi in the end and by Heikki too, only if the last corner went well, LH could ve been easily P2. We ll see who makes the best out of the situation. Kimi will have something up his sleeve.
If he crashes out he will, otherwise he just wants to finish for now, like the team does.

Pressuring him might Bourdais him a bit too much. I'm curious to see his fastest lap after tomorrow, regardless.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

lewis all the way
lewis all the way

everybody is also forgetting lewis set his q3 time on his first run, he since did another few laps of fuel burning and a scrapped final lap because he didnt need it.

so the fuel corrected times arent quite true.

http://www.pitlanefanatic.com/blog/inde ... -analysis/

the link above gives a true picture of car/ driver pace.

and actually shows hamilton fastest the rubens and so on.

my prediction is as follows:

lewis will go off into the distance.

and even though i want kovi to do well he will end up slowing the field down, and getting leapfrogged at the first stops.

button will catch vettel quickley because of terrible tyre wear on vettels rb5 but be unable to pass until the stops.

button will then be too far behind the leaders to catch teammate and mclarens

1. lewis
2. bari
3. kov

(unless luca knocks one of them out during his entire race of blue flags)

PlatinumZealot

THE ONE... is back..in his rightful place.

No one can take it away from him... 8)

The man only ran once and BAM!! pole position...

BADoer is sucking hard. I hope it's just because he is not race sharp and improvement is coming but right now even Piquet and Borudais could do a better job.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏