Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kumat
kumat

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Well, given it seems Red Bull is indeed missing Newey already. Verstappen is not remembering well: the Red Bull in 22 and 23 was better on curbs and bumps than any other car...

Holm86

kumat wrote:
25 May 2024, 23:49
Well, given it seems Red Bull is indeed missing Newey already. Verstappen is not remembering well: the Red Bull in 22 and 23 was better on curbs and bumps than any other car...
There's no way Newey leaving has had any effect yet, the car spec running now was developed long ago

Raleigh
Raleigh

Holm86 wrote:
26 May 2024, 03:09
kumat wrote:
25 May 2024, 23:49
There's no way Newey leaving has had any effect yet, the car spec running now was developed long ago
New spec has problems and arguably the single most qualified troubleshooter in the world is sidelined.

Updates don't normally just work perfectly straight out of the box and given the timing this update may have been finished after Newey had stepped back anyway.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Why is Newey still on the grid with his notebook and in his Red Bull outfit? Isn't he supposed to be on gardening leave?

Mosin123
Mosin123

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
27 May 2024, 06:58
Why is Newey still on the grid with his notebook and in his Red Bull outfit? Isn't he supposed to be on gardening leave?
He will be taking notes and stuff, Neways style, he isnt leaving F1 but going to a new team, he cant take his eye off the ball ( grid ) so to speak.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Mosin123 wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
He will be taking notes and stuff, Neways style, he isnt leaving F1 but going to a new team, he cant take his eye off the ball ( grid ) so to speak.
Wearing a Red Bull outfit and casually gathering information in his notebook, for Ferrari example? And this is ok for Red Bull.

Mosin123
Mosin123

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
27 May 2024, 11:31
Mosin123 wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Wearing a Red Bull outfit and casually gathering information in his notebook, for Ferrari example? And this is ok for Red Bull.
Dont think they have a choice. Dont think they have power over his freedom to attend races if he wishes to do so.

Mcl_G10
Mcl_G10

I'm not sure we can say for certain that the drop off isn't linked to newey leaving.

During the weekend that it was announced I'm sure I saw and heard numerous people saying that he had an input right throughout weekends with setup, strategy etc.
Nobody but redbull will know for sure but I'd like to think having newey contributing in moments that you need to find solutions trackside will have big benefits. I'm not sure if this is happening anymore with his exclusion from meeting etc

chrisc90

Someone from the team mentioned its a small simulator issue. Where by the car is riding the kerbs perfectly well in the sim, but its not transferring over to the track.

ringo

chrisc90 wrote:
27 May 2024, 12:34
Someone from the team mentioned its a small simulator issue. Where by the car is riding the kerbs perfectly well in the sim, but its not transferring over to the track.
Sounds like something Newey can solve and corroborate in his mind. Some problems are solved with good ole know how and experience.
One of Newey's strengths is understanding what the driver is experiencing and translating that to setup changes.
He's not just an aero guy. He's a real old school "do it all" engineer.

I think he will continue to do promotional work for redbull in the Paddock. Something he says he doesn't love to do. So we can expect to see him at the races.
For Sure!!

Watto
Watto

Interesting

Chuckjr

If he went to Williams it would be epic. [-o<
Watching F1 since 1986.

Watto
Watto

Chuckjr wrote:
28 May 2024, 08:12
If he went to Williams it would be epic. [-o<
I guess its always possible they are now just trying to avoid the pressure. Though I do tend to think its not Ferrari hes if off to.

I think what ever he does though has to be on his terms if teams can't/don't offer him conditions that he wants than I can easily see him walking away complerely.

Also his being at Monaco in what ever capacity he was for Red Bull probably leads me away from thinking the hes leaving because of Horner is unlikely - his relationship may have cooled perhaps. But if it was a major falling out as some try and make out i'm not so sure he would want to deal with being around in the public spotlight but just my thoughts too.

yooogurt

- Adrian Newey will decide his future next week.
- Certain Sources are saying he’s already signed with Ferrari and is destined to arrive in Maranello
- Now we have reports from Germany saying Mercedes has offered him a deal that includes shares in the team.
@SoyMotor
ps. :D
FORZA FERRARI!

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Anyone on Threads?

I'm not on there, but apparently a channel called this.isformula1 is reporting Newey has signed somewhere..... The preview, very cleverly doesn't show where they are claiming lol